Simulation Software Engineer (Culver City)
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As a Simulation Software Engineering at Parallel Systems, you will be responsible for building simulation environments used to develop and validate vehicle autonomy software. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to develop vehicle and fleet infrastructure code. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Architect and implement simulation environments for automated software testing.
- Build infrastructure to launch and manage simulation environments.
- Develop software to manipulate the environment and pass data between the simulation and vehicle software.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive requirements, meet and present technical direction, build consensus.
- Engage with company objectives and tailor solutions and plans to keep schedule on time.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- Experience developing applications or simulation tools for engineering applications.
- Significant experience with software development, in C, C++, or similar language.
- Knowledge of common game engines (e.g. Unity, Unreal, Lumberyard, CryEngine). Experience interfacing with these game engines to implement complex behaviors, pass data between the simulated environment and external code, and add instrumentation or diagnostics.
- Experience building test automation systems for complex software projects.
- Experience developing content for simulation environments (e.g. simple models and textures) a plus.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), project scheduling (Jira or similar), code review.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.