Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As Simulation Lead at Parallel Systems, you will be responsible for architecting and helping to build a robust simulation and QA platform to validate the autonomy stack running on Parallel vehicles. You will work closely with other engineers (software, electrical and mechanical) to ensure the simulation platform is a good representation of reality, and to constantly work to improve the overall system. You will manage a team of engineers, and work to expand the team capabilities.
- Manage a team of engineers responsible for the vehicle simulation environment. Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- Architect a robust simulation platform to validate the autonomy stack, low-level vehicle code, software and hardware systems.
- Write software at various levels in the stack (infrastructure, test cases, graphics and realtime simulation, etc).
- Understand high level technical requirements, and develop algorithms and software structures.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive requirements, meet and present technical direction, build consensus.
- Engage with company objectives and tailor solutions and plans to keep schedule on time.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience developing software in a production environment.
- Experience leading software teams developing safety or mission critical software systems, or corresponding validation systems.
- Experience working with game engines such as Unity, Unreal or similar. Experience using these to develop simulation environments for autonomous vehicles is a big plus.
- Experience validating software or hardware to satisfy external stakeholders (parsing requirements, generating test matrices, cross-referencing results against source requirements, automated results generation).
- Familiarity with the network stack and communication protocols including Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), project scheduling (Jira or similar), code review.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.