Senior Software Engineer, Mapping
Palo Alto, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Mapping at Parallel Systems, you will be working on the tools, algorithms and infrastructure we use to process data at scale and build maps used by our vehicles to autonomously navigate the rail network. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Work with other members of the mapping team, as well as other software and engineering groups, to develop and improve our mapping infrastructure and tooling.
- Design and apply automated techniques to process data and generate feature-rich maps.
- Develop internal tools to work with map data and improve our engineering process.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years' experience working on mapping, localization, or similar geo-location projects.
- Software development experience in C++ and/or Python.
- Strong understanding of linear algebra, geometric transforms and algorithms.
- MSc or PhD in robotics, localization or a related field.
- Experience writing software for scalable production systems.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), and conducting code reviews.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Previous experience working on autonomous vehicles.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.