Senior Software Engineer in Test (Culver City)
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal freight transportation. Our mission is to reduce transportation costs and make an impact on emissions and safety. We are developing the vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to collaborate with diverse people that are motivated, persistent, and take personal accountability for their work. Our most successful team members are self-starters, take the time to explain things to others, and accept constructive feedback.
As a Software Engineering in Test at Parallel Systems, you will be responsible for developing tools and infrastructure to validate software and hardware systems. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to develop vehicle and fleet infrastructure code. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Architect and implement software test systems.
- Understand high level technical requirements, develop algorithms and software structures, and validate code on hardware and in simulation.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive requirements, meet and present technical direction, build consensus.
- Engage with company objectives and tailor solutions and plans to keep schedule on time.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years' experience with software and hardware validation.
- Significant experience with software development, in Python, C, C++, or similar language.
- Experience building test automation systems for complex software projects.
- Understanding of various test automation architectures and benefits/drawbacks for various use cases (local testing, software release gating, CI).
- Experience with automated testing on pure software and hybrid hardware/software testbeds.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), project scheduling (Jira or similar), code review.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.