Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for talented mechanical engineers to design and test components and systems. In this role, you'll work with fellow engineers and technicians to bring up new designs in our lab and run vehicles on our dedicated test track just outside the city. This is an opportunity to engage early with new designs, making a huge impact on the direction of the technology. Ideal candidates would be building on strong first principles with curiosity and a drive for results.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Execute on all phases of hardware development including requirements capture, prototyping, design validation, and manufacturing readiness
- Perform hand calculations and analysis to assess designs
- Create and execute design of experiments for decisions on component selection as necessary.
- Support manufacturing, vehicle integration, and validation
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- 1+ years of professional or project experience in hardware development, machine design, or validation.
- Experience with at least one commercial CAD tool (Solidworks, Fusion 360°, etc)
- Experience with at least one commercial FEA or multiphysics simulation package (i.e. Simulink, Solidworks, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, ANSYS)
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline
- Mechanical Engineering skills including: drawing creation and GD&T, structural analysis, selection of materials and processes, understanding of failure mechanisms, and analytical/scientific programming (i.e. Python, Matlab, Simulink, Excel).
- Willingness to travel to test facilities across the United States. Expected duration of 1 week per trip. Frequency to be determined upon applicants interest to travel.
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.