Senior Software Engineer, Perception
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Perception at Parallel Systems, you will be working to solve challenging problems in the design and implementation of the perception system for our autonomous rail vehicle. You will work closely with other engineers (including electrical, mechanical, and software) to overcome challenges and contribute towards a reliable, safe vehicle. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup, you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Train neural networks for computer vision tasks, such as object detection, tracking, depth estimation, SLAM, etc.
- Validate and optimize your models for deployment into production on our autonomous rail vehicles.
- Incorporate recent advances in machine learning and computer vision into our stack.
- Deliver company objectives and execute plans to hit schedule targets.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to the perception team's technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar engineering discipline.
- 4+ years experience in software development
- 2+ years experience with Python
- Experience with PyTorch or similar machine learning framework.
- Experience with scientific computing libraries such as numpy, pandas, or scikit-learn.
- MS or PhD in machine learning, computer vision, or a related field.
- Familiarity with common neural network architectures for computer vision.
- Record of driving projects from start to end, including conception, experimentation, iteration, and integration into a working product.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control and conducting code reviews.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.