Senior Electrical Engineer
Culver City, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people that are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
We're looking for talented Electrical Engineers to help us architect the vehicle, design components, and test the system. In this role you'll be working with fellow engineers and technicians to bringing up new designs in our lab here in Culver City, and run vehicles on our dedicated test track just outside the city. This is an opportunity to engage early with new designs, making a huge impact on the direction of the technology. Ideal candidates would be building on their expertise in Electrical Engineering, and have a desire to set the direction of our technology development while mentoring others.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams to help set direction. Provide leadership in system architecting, requirements derivation, and consensus building
- Contribute to team culture of technical excellence by supporting recruiting efforts, providing engineering mentorship, conducting peer review of technical work, and staying current on state of the industry/technology
- Contribute to Electrical Engineering process definition, standards selection, and tool selection
- Execute on all phases of hardware development including product definition, prototyping, design validation, and manufacturing readiness
- Design hardware block diagrams, schematics, select components, and layout PCBAs. Conduct worst-case circuit analysis in support of safety critical hardware
- Support development of acceptance testing for electronics hardware
- Support vehicle integration and validation
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline plus 5 years of experience in electronics hardware development or validation, or;
- MS in Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline plus 3 years of experience in electronics hardware development or validation
- Demonstrated expertise in Power Electronics, RF & Communications, Electromagnetics, Sensors, or Vehicle Autonomy
- Experience with the full product development cycle including design, qualification, and transition to production
- Experience with design for high reliability, high volumes, and low cost
- Experience with electric vehicle traction systems and charging equipment, or;
- Experience with systems architecture or hardware development of autonomous vehicles.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated
- Motivated to contribute to team growth and culture
About Parallel Systems
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.