Senior Backend Engineer
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As a Senior Backend Engineer on the Fleet Management team at Parallel Systems, you will be working on a wide array of applications and algorithms to enable the operation of our fleet of autonomous vehicles.
- Design and build applications for real-time fleet operations, telemetry, and metrics
- Develop vehicle code to interact with off-board services
- Collaborate with autonomy, mapping, and hardware engineers
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering, math, or related field
- 5+ years experience
- Experience building and architecting large-scale, production-quality systems and microservices
- Experience with Rust, Python, or Golang in a production environment
- Experience with REST APIs, Protobufs, GraphQL, message queues
- Experience working collaboratively in cross-functional teams
- MS in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Extensive experience with design and implementation of distributed backend services
- Solid understanding of networking stack and web protocols
- Previous experience working with autonomous vehicles
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.