Senior Software Engineer, Fleet
Los Angeles, CA /
Parallel Systems is an early-stage startup company developing the future of intermodal transportation. Our mission is to decarbonize freight while improving supply chain logistics and safety. We are developing vehicles and software to create new autonomous and electric transportation systems for existing rail infrastructure.
At Parallel Systems, we value the team as much as the mission. We want to work with talented people who are humble, motivated, and persistent. Our most successful team members are self-starters and collaborate with others to reach our collective goals.
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Fleet Management team at Parallel Systems, you will be responsible for parts of our Fleet Management and Railway Integration systems. You will write mission critical software that controls the movement of our vehicles around the rail network. You will work closely with other software engineers to design, build and verify core software systems. As an early employee at a fast-moving startup you will work on a multitude of technical projects and shape the direction of the company.
- Architect and implement fleet management code. Encourage and maintain high standards for robustness and performance.
- Understand high level technical requirements, develop algorithms and software structures, and validate code in simulation.
- Work closely with multi-disciplinary engineering teams. Derive requirements, meet and present technical direction, build consensus.
- Engage with company objectives and tailor solutions and plans to keep schedule on time.
- Mentor other software engineers and contribute to software team technical growth.
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or similar Engineering discipline.
- 3+ years’ experience developing software in a systems language such as C, C++, Rust or equivalent.
- Experience writing robust code for vehicles or autonomous devices.
- Experience writing high performance, low latency software, such as kernel code, real-time code.
- Experience with automated testing on pure software and hybrid hardware/software testbeds.
- Experience with distributed systems, such as multi-region cloud infrastructure.
- Strong software development teamwork skills including the use of version control systems (git), project scheduling (Jira or similar), code review.
- Excellent communicator, flexible and motivated.
- Excited to work in a small, cross-discipline engineering team on challenging problems!
Parallel Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any discriminatory factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. We work to build an inclusive environment in which all people can come to do their best work.