4G SW Stack Engineer
301-Engineering – Access Development /
People come to work at Parallel Wireless because we are building the future of telecom. They stay, because they are challenged and driven by an incredible product and team. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, and our culture fosters an atmosphere of empowerment, trust, respect, and communication. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
We are looking for experienced L2-L3 stack software engineers to implement advanced algorithms on general purpose processors. We are looking for proficient candidates in the 4G and 5G stack and various cellular/networking standards.
What you'll do:
- You will be responsible for the design, coding, and unit testing of L2-L3 components in the company’s base station SW. Including new features implementation, SW infrastructure definition & implementation.
What you must have:
- Linux user application development experience
- Solid knowledge in the specifications of 4G/5G-NR.
- Strong communication skills must be an effective team player and be able to work independently in a global multi-site environment.
- Ability to translate L2-L3 standards/specification to efficient implementation.
- Proven Ability to deliver working code and divining into new area of code.
- Experience in C/C++ development in the context of embedded systems.
- Proficient in design, documentation, implementation and unit testing of software components of a multi-threaded real-time/embedded system.
- Strong debug skills in complex/multi-threaded/RT/embedded system.
- Experience in interfaces between processors and hardware blocks/FPGA and characterizing the performance of the interfaces –
- B.Sc with a major in communication theory and/or Computer engineering and/or signal processing.
Parallel Wireless is the leading U.S.-based company challenging the world’s legacy vendors with the industry’s only unified ALL G (5G/4G/3G/2G) software-enabled OpenRAN solutions. Its cloud-native OpenRAN and network architectures redefine network economics for global mobile operators in both coverage and capacity deployments, while also paving the way to 5G. Through open collaboration with the OpenRAN ecosystem partners, Parallel Wireless has created the world’s first and largest fully-compliant OpenRAN ecosystem that is capable of delivering next generation wireless infrastructure at a dramatically lower cost, ensuring more equal access to 5G across the globe. The company’s OpenRAN portfolio is designed to help customers modernize their networks, reduce deployment costs and complexity, increase operational efficiency, enable interoperability, find new revenue streams, and start deploying multi-vendor 5G networks today. The company’s customers include over 60 global mobile operators, as well as private and public industries and governments that use their software-defined network portfolio to reimagine their networks. Parallel Wireless's innovation and excellence in multi-technology, open virtualized RAN solutions have been recognized with 65+ industry awards. Please visit www.parallelwireless.com for more information.
Parallel Wireless embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams representing all backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives, and empowering industry-leading skills. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Parallel Wireless does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies or individuals. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Parallel Wireless employees or any other company location. Parallel Wireless is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.