Senior System Test Engineer (North)
301-Engineering – Access Development /
People come to work at Parallel Wireless because we are building the future of telecom. They stay, because they are challenged and driven by an incredible product and team. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, and our culture fosters an atmosphere of empowerment, trust, respect, and communication. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
Contribute to the testing of wireless telecom and cloud-based 5G solutions of parallel wireless.
The work location is in Israel and involves working both internally and with test engineers across parallel wireless sites. This offers an opportunity to learn and contribute to the ORAN wireless technology.
What you'll do:
- Review requirements, specifications, and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback and implement the same in testing.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases for 5G technologies as per 3GPP specifications and execution of the same.
- Design and build end-to-end test setups based on the test requirements.
- Analyze and debug logs for test simulators and systems under test during the test cycle.
- Resolve issues in end-to-end setups (For Ex: UE/mobile issues, RF/fiber connectivity, etc.)
- Analyze, reproduce and validate customer-found defects.
- Verify various Parallel Wireless Products and Applications for Functional, Stability, Performance, and User experience aspects based on Customer Use cases
- Suggest improvements and changes to the product in order to improve customer experience
What you should have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Good understanding of architecture, call flows and design for testing 5G access technologies.
- Thorough understanding of 3GPP standards covering PHY, MAC, PDCP, RLC, RRC, S1AP and X2AP protocols
- Ability to create test scripts as per the requirements and execute the same with both in-house and standard test tools (Ex: Azimuth, TM500, Amarisoft, network/spectrum analyzers, etc).
- Experience with LAN/WAN, WLAN, Routing protocols – L2 and L3, TCP/IP, QoS
- Knowledge of Linux/UNIX based platforms.
- Knowledge of handling and troubleshooting User Equipment (Mobiles), SIM installation, etc.
- Good understanding of virtualization platforms like VMware, KVM, etc.
- Experience in using test management and bug tracking tools (Ex: JIRA)
Nice to have:
- Knowledge on OpenStack, Docker and Kubernetes technologies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical/Electronic/Communications/Computer Science Engineering.
- Kinneret Area, Israel
Parallel Wireless is the leading U.S.-based company challenging the world’s legacy vendors with the industry’s only unified ALL G (5G/4G/3G/2G) software-enabled OpenRAN solutions. Its cloud-native OpenRAN and network architectures redefine network economics for global mobile operators in both coverage and capacity deployments, while also paving the way to 5G. Through open collaboration with the OpenRAN ecosystem partners, Parallel Wireless has created the world’s first and largest fully-compliant OpenRAN ecosystem that is capable of delivering next generation wireless infrastructure at a dramatically lower cost, ensuring more equal access to 5G across the globe. The company’s OpenRAN portfolio is designed to help customers modernize their networks, reduce deployment costs and complexity, increase operational efficiency, enable interoperability, find new revenue streams, and start deploying multi-vendor 5G networks today. The company’s customers include over 60 global mobile operators, as well as private and public industries and governments that use their software-defined network portfolio to reimagine their networks. Parallel Wireless's innovation and excellence in multi-technology, open virtualized RAN solutions have been recognized with 65+ industry awards. Please visit www.parallelwireless.com for more information.
Parallel Wireless embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams representing all backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives, and empowering industry-leading skills. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Parallel Wireless does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies or individuals. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Parallel Wireless employees or any other company location. Parallel Wireless is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.