Automation Developer - (Python /Perl Scripting) - 5+ years
301-Engineering – Access Development /
People come to work at Parallel Wireless because we are building the future of telecom. They stay, because they are challenged and driven by an incredible product and team. We take pride in our commitment to employee development, and our culture fosters an atmosphere of empowerment, trust, respect, and communication. Learn more about our mission, vision and values.
What you'll do:
Architect, Design and build Automation Framework for System Analysis from ground up and be able to improve and integrate existing framework.
Design and build tools from scratch and be able to improve and integrate existing tools.
Develop new tools and libraries or update the existing tools and libraries.
Work closely with Software QA and software development engineers on requirements
Understand System features and performance and try developing tools to diagnose System issues.
Be a go to person on quick turnarounds on scripts and educate other engineers
What you must have:
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Architecting and building complex tools and Automation frameworks from scratch using open-source tools and build on existing frameworks
- Expert knowledge in Python and understanding of any two or more languages from Perl, Tcl, C++
- Familiarity with JSON API / RESTful HTTP
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, ELK, Prometheus and Grafana Monitoring Tools
- Strong experience in UNIX, preferably Linux at user and kernel level with in-depth knowledge of SQL.
- A solid foundation in software engineering and programming.
- Experience with Radio Access Network Technologies and a plus to have experience in LTE/3G/2G/WiFi/WiMax cellular networks
- Experience with LAN/WAN, Routing protocols, TCP/IP, QoS, Tunneling and security protocols.
- Solid understanding of Linux OS tools and utilities, wireless and Ethernet drivers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science/Electronics/Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent training, education and experience.
Parallel Wireless is the leading U.S.-based company challenging the world’s legacy vendors with the industry’s only unified ALL G (5G/4G/3G/2G) software-enabled OpenRAN solutions. Its cloud-native OpenRAN and network architectures redefine network economics for global mobile operators in both coverage and capacity deployments, while also paving the way to 5G. Through open collaboration with the OpenRAN ecosystem partners, Parallel Wireless has created the world’s first and largest fully-compliant OpenRAN ecosystem that is capable of delivering next generation wireless infrastructure at a dramatically lower cost, ensuring more equal access to 5G across the globe. The company’s OpenRAN portfolio is designed to help customers modernize their networks, reduce deployment costs and complexity, increase operational efficiency, enable interoperability, find new revenue streams, and start deploying multi-vendor 5G networks today. The company’s customers include over 60 global mobile operators, as well as private and public industries and governments that use their software-defined network portfolio to reimagine their networks. Parallel Wireless's innovation and excellence in multi-technology, open virtualized RAN solutions have been recognized with 65+ industry awards. Please visit www.parallelwireless.com for more information.
Parallel Wireless embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building inclusive and diverse teams representing all backgrounds, with a wide range of perspectives, and empowering industry-leading skills. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
Parallel Wireless does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies or individuals. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Parallel Wireless employees or any other company location. Parallel Wireless is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.