Director, Sales and Partnerships
Pardon Ventures – Optimism /
Optimism is a digital publisher working to build a brighter web. We conceive, launch, and operate high-quality digital brands that spark curiosity, spread positivity, and improve the lives of our readers. With an email-first approach, our hope is to transform the inbox into a healthy alternative to social media feeds, a place where you can curate the news, information, and entertainment you truly want.
Our brands populate a variety of categories: Games, Wonder, and Travel, among others. This distributed approach helps us reach 3 million subscribers across our network and serve more than 30 million web sessions each month. And we’re growing with each new brand.
About the Senior Sales and Partnerships Manager
As the Senior Sales and Partnerships Manager, you will be responsible for developing and driving a strategic roadmap for the growth of Optimism’s brands by leveraging content, commerce, data, & more. You will be expected to grow revenue streams on our portfolio of brands via direct partnerships and sponsorships, primarily focused on email newsletters.
- Manage and grow external direct sales and partnerships, which includes prospecting, pipelines, optimization, upselling, and renewals
- Bring in new partnerships that are based on flat fees and cost-per-click for every email sponsorship inclusion
- Understand the business objectives critical to our partners' success and align them with Optimism’s goals
- Work closely with the Content team and Customer Experience to better represent our audience and align with each brand voice when selling campaigns
- Connect with Campaign Management and Product to ensure we have the ability to execute on all campaigns that are sold
- Continue to foster our internal direct sales channel by ideating and executing on the creation of ad products, capabilities, and functionality that external clients desire
- Keep abreast of industry trends and formulate shifts in forward-looking strategy
- Drive strategic planning for Optimism’s brands function (and give feedback on other functions’ plans)
- Act as a cultural champion for rigor, curiosity, inquisitiveness, and a performance mindset
- Experience selling email sponsorships for newsletters or a similar product
- A repository of clients that you are able to reach out to for our suite of brands
- Experience building relationships with clients that lead to long-term partnerships
- Ability to set up and utilize a CRM system for prospecting and pipeline management
- Experience working cross-functionally to build and execute campaigns
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- A self-motivated and proactive personality
- An understanding of how to prioritize, reprioritize, and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced environment
The pay for this role has a salary range of $75,000.00 to $95,000. Commission is not included in this salary range. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location.
While this position may be remote, we prefer candidates who can work in Orange County in a hybrid remote environment.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!