Newport Beach, CA
Pardon – Atelier /
Full Time /
About Pardon Ventures
Pardon Ventures is a venture studio creating brands that transform how people see the world. As a team of creative entrepreneurs, we develop and launch ventures that foster community, encourage new ways of thinking, and create the context for positive change to occur. Our original ventures include a digital travel magazine, a positive news publication, and a collection of media brands that spark wonder and curiosity, all of which are enjoyed by millions of readers every day.
About the Role
As Visual Designer, you will work within the Atelier to help conceptualize and develop our early stage ideas, brands and products. You will be part of a team bringing creative visions to life, developing concepts for new and exciting branding projects. You will also be tasked with producing deliverables in a variety of formats to further refine what the brands can offer on different platforms. Our goal is to develop brands with outstanding aesthetics that are easy to understand and engageable for our audience.
Our ideal candidate has the ability to design for a variety of audiences and can transform abstract concepts into impeccably crafted visuals that communicate clearly. They have a clear understanding of design trends and look to always push the boundaries of what's possible.
- Brand Development: From the exploration of different visual directions to the development of comprehensive brand guidelines. This role will collaborate with Creative Services team members along with other stakeholders to ensure our new brands fulfill all our goals.
- Email Design: Email is key to all the brands we develop. This role will use the brand guidelines and visual assets produced along with a keen understanding of email development limitations to create attractive, engaging, and intuitive emails for every brand.
- Management: You are capable of evaluating design deliverables and overall performance. You will deliver feedback where needed and encourage team members throughout the duration of a project. Documentation of Design StandardsWorking with the team to ensure the documents we provide the brand’s operating team are clear and actionable.
- Brand Ideation: All members of Creative Services play a role in the ideation process and are encouraged to seek out inspiration to help advance the types of brands we build.
- A distinctive portfolio of work that demonstrates a fearless and fresh eye for design, introducing something unseen and unknown to the world
- 3+ years of experience designing new brands and email
- Experience in developing design systems, actively looking for ways to substantially improve design practices and scalability
- Established a creative process that helps you know when to explore broadly, quickly but also when to sweat the details
- Great communication skills that will allow you to be clear about all design principles, frameworks, and design directions to all key stakeholders
- Appreciation for giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of aesthetics and styles, and visualize in new dimensions
- A deep understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Start-up experience and “whatever it takes” attitude is strongly preferred.
- An understanding of what content engages the largest audience on different platforms (i.e. social media feeds, email, mobile vs. desktop, etc.)
- A proactive and collaborative low-ego work style; you love working with people and people love working with you
- A detail-oriented mindset
The pay for this role has a salary range of $60,000 to $80,000. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications and experience.
This position will be based in Newport Beach’s Cannery Village, the Southern California hub of Pardon’s artistic endeavors and business ventures.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!