Pardon Ventures – Optimism /
Optimism is a digital media company striving to build a brighter web. We conceive, launch, and operate high-quality digital brands that spark curiosity, spread positivity, and improve the lives of readers. With an email-first approach, our goal is to transform the inbox into a healthy alternative to social media feeds, a place where you can curate the news, information, and entertainment audience’s truly want.
Our brands speak in a variety of categories: Wonder, Travel, Health, Wealth and Games among others. A distributed approach allows us to engage with almost 4 million subscribers across a collection of newsletters. On the digital web, we serve more than 30 million web sessions each month and growing…
About Sales Executive
The Growth Sales team is paving an exciting path into the future for Optimism. This team is expanding our already established client portfolio and serving Optimism solutions to new customers across all digital media disciplines. With enthusiasm for all things digital, Optimism Sales Executives will be ambassadors and partnership directors for our growing collection of premium publications.
- Managing an assigned territory of client accounts (either by US Territory - East Coast/West Coast OR by Advertising Category)
- Leveraging current relationships to unlock opportunities for partnership
- Prospect new clients against a clear competitive set of publishers and identifying key accounts within account territory to unlock new business
- Creating and managing a pipeline of business opportunities and offering insight to opportunity stage, partnership goals and challenges on an ongoing basis to leadership
- Presenting all sales materials clearly and with ease and has the ability to brainstorm creative opportunities on behalf of Optimism’s brands
- Negotiating both in writing and verbally with partners and has the ability and sales acumen to structure business solutions that are mutually beneficial
- Effectively shares all partnership parameters with Account Management team and hands-off closed/secured partnerships to Account Director or Manager to launch post-sale process
- 4-6 years of digital sales experience across programmatic, direct and branded content disciplines
- Established relationships in a US Territory or specified category (please state upon application submission)
- Extensive negotiation experience and examples for all deal types highlighted above
- A hard working, solutions oriented and positive work ethic - Optimism is key
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with FIGMA design tools, EXCEL, word and powerpoint
- Ability to travel for in-person client meetings and entertaining
- Team-first mindset – collaboration is key
- Must be self-motivated and eager to succeed in a remote work environment
$120,000 - $160,000 a year
This role has an expected pay rate of $120,000-$160,000 plus bonus. You will be provided a pay rate that is in line with your skills and experience as they relate to the requirements of the job.
While this position may be remote, we prefer candidates who can work in Los Angeles, Chicago, or New York City.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!