Technical Product Manager
Pardon Ventures – Optimism /
Optimism is a digital publisher working to build a brighter web. We conceive, launch, and operate high-quality digital brands that spark curiosity, spread positivity, and improve the lives of our readers. With an email-first approach, our hope is to transform the inbox into a healthy alternative to social media feeds, a place where you can curate the news, information, and entertainment you truly want.
About the Technical Product Manager
We are looking for a TechnicalProduct Manager who knows how to define, de-risk and execute a product vision. Working collaboratively alongside the Chief Product Officer (CPO), the Product Manager will be responsible for the delivery of the product vision using iterative planning and delivery strategies all while collaborating cross functionally with various stakeholders and co-located teams. The role demands strong product instincts with a special focus on delivering incremental value week over week. The Technical Product Manager will provide the greatest value by exemplifying excellent communication skills, technical fluency, empathy, humility and an appreciation of building world class platforms using world class tools. At Optimism, we work iteratively, leveraging user-centered design values principles and practices. We have a fail fast mentality allowing our teams to explore and innovate in a safe environment, all while learning along the way and paving for a better future.
As a member of the product organization within Optimism, you will work alongside the product designers and developers to synthesize the product vision into iterative weekly increments. You will work cross functionally with various executive leaders and brand teams to define product scope. Product scope can include all facets of our digital platform and/or the launch of new brands.
- Work directly with the CPO to understand the high-level roadmap and synthesize that roadmap into weekly increments
- Lead Daily Stand-ups, Pre-Iterative and Iterative Planning meetings
- Develop user stories and product flows
- Work with Brand teams to refine day to day operational flows and improve efficiencies
- Work hands-on with development teams to prioritize, plan and deliver value week over week
- Collaborate with Product Design to ensure timely delivery of design and assets to the development teams
- Leverage your technical background to help shape platform innovation
- Translate business requirements to technical user stories
- Create buy-in for the product vision with the engineering, revenue, and editorial teams
- Own the creation and build of the brand design library
- Previous product management experience at a digital publisher
- A track record of managing successful projects
- Technical background that translates into the ability to successfully communicate with engineering team members
- Ability to translate technical concepts into business value
- Experience working in Cloud environments
- Experience working with event driven architecture
- Experience and understanding of complex data
- Dynamic experience using Figma Incremental, Agile and/or agile lab experience is a must!
- Expertise with Wordpress and integrations within Wordpress
- Great communication skills that will allow you to be clear about all design principles, frameworks, and design directions to all key stakeholders
- Appreciation for giving and receiving honest, thoughtful feedback
- A deep understanding of design elements, color, and composition, as well as sensitivity to aesthetic and seasonal trends
- Start-up experience and “whatever it takes” attitude is strongly preferred
- An understanding of what content engages the largest audience on different platforms (i.e. social media feeds, email, mobile vs. desktop, etc.)
- A proactive and collaborative low-ego work style; you love working with people and people love working with you
- Experience working with email marketing is a plus
The pay for this role has a salary range of $120,000.00 to $140,000.00. The actual salary offer will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location.
While this position may be remote, we prefer candidates who can work in Orange County in a hybrid remote environment.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!