Account Manager, Performance, Affiliate, & Commerce
Pardon Ventures – Optimism /
Optimism is a digital media company striving to build a brighter web. We conceive, launch, and operate high-quality digital brands that spark curiosity, spread positivity, and improve the lives of readers. With an email-first approach, our goal is to transform the inbox into a healthy alternative to social media feeds, a place where you can curate the news, information, and entertainment audience’s truly want.
Our brands speak in a variety of categories: Wonder, Travel, Health, Wealth and Games among others. A distributed approach allows us to engage with almost 4 million subscribers across a collection of newsletters. On the digital web, we serve more than 30 million web sessions each month and growing…
About Account Manager, Performance, Affiliate & Commerce
The Account Manager, Performance, Affiliate & Commerce is a new role on Optimism’s Growth Sales team. This exciting opportunity expands upon the already established performance and affiliate work that is underway. Candidates will work alongside their teammates to strengthen Optimism’s affiliate programs and will have the opportunity to present fresh ideas in a welcome and positive environment.
- Supporting and developing strategies to expand relationships with performance and affiliate partners
- Prospecting and connecting with affiliate partners outside of Optimism’s current partner portfolio in order to expand commerce generated revenue
- Negotiating mutually beneficial partnerships on behalf of Optimism with an editorially inspired mindset
- Generating insightful reports to internal stakeholders and external partners to enhance all online (in newsletter and online) programs
- Communicating with Editorial team on an ongoing basis to effectively make optimal affiliate or commerce recommendations ahead of seasonal planning
- Addressing all incoming partnership inquiries and creating an internal analysis for consideration of new affiliate partners
- Leading in the creation of all Affiliate go-to-market materials (sell-sheets, media kits)
- Providing on-going consulting services to leadership and editorial staff for program improvement
- 3-4 years of affiliate / e-commerce agency or publisher experience
- An understanding of the digital Retail Media landscape and established direct relationships with the major players (Amazon, Walmart, Best Buy, etc.)
- Experience negotiating and managing Affiliate relationships
- Exceptional communication (verbal and written) skills
- Proficiency with FIGMA design tools, EXCEL, word and powerpoint
$75,000 - $90,000 a year
While this position may be remote, we prefer candidates who can work in Orange County, Denver, or New York City.
We aim to provide equal opportunity for all. We are firm believers in the strength of diversity and aim to build teams of individuals that offer unique perspectives, come from different backgrounds, and challenge each other to be better every day!