Customer Support Representative
El Paso, TX
Maintaining a fully-staffed restaurant, every day, is nearly impossible. Trying to do so creates havoc for management and staff, while compromising quality of service and food for patrons. Restaurant workers want more control of their schedules and the financial security that comes with it. We’re solving these massively painful problems through our platform. Restaurant labor spend is close to $300B annually (1 in 10 Americans works in hospitality) in an industry generating $800B in sales in the US alone. If you're interested in solving a major problem impacting a huge industry and benefitting both sides of the market, then Pared is for you. Our team has a several decades or experience in restaurants (The French Laundry, Per Se, Petit Crenn, Morimoto) and technology (Lyft, Apple, eBay, Square, Minted). We are backed by CRV (DoorDash, ClassPass, Patreon), Uncork Capital (Postmates, Hired) and True Ventures (Blue Bottle Coffee, FitBit, Peloton, Ring) and investors including Thomas Keller and the founders of Yelp and YouTube among many others. We are currently serving the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City.
Here is coverage about our Series A fundraise from TechCrunch and Traci Des Jardins praising us in The San Francisco Business Times.
Pared is a gig marketplace for the restaurant industry. We are a restaurant tech startup that matches skilled cooks, servers, and dishwashers with restaurants in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City. We enable restaurant professionals to work flexibly and gain valuable experience, and we are indispensable to our restaurant customers, who rely on us to maintain smooth operations.
We’re growing fast (and launching in new regions!) and we’re looking for the perfect person to add to our Customer Support team. This is a remote position.
Customer Support is the voice of Pared to our customers and the voice of the customers to Pared. You are Pared’s first point of contact with our customers.
- Responding to all incoming communications through phone, text, email and instant messaging
- Troubleshooting issues until resolution
- Resolving and monitoring real-time issues with a smile
- Building great customer relationships
- Communicating customer requests and needs with Engineering & Product
- You are strong at multi-tasking
- You love knowing that each day is different and you never know exactly what’s going to happen
- You are excited to find out what the next big thing is in the food scene
- You love being in fast-paced environments where you are constantly learning
- You love helping people
- You are great with technology
- You thrive in a fast paced environment
- This is remote, so you must have a quiet place to work and reliable internet
- You must be located in close proximity to El Paso, TX
- 2 years of Customer Support in a high paced environment in a call center or office environment (preferably working in tech)
- Familiarity with the Google Suite (sheets, docs, drive, maps).
- Proficiency in adapting to new technology.
- Willing to work weekends and evenings
- Experience with Zendesk is a plus
- Spanish proficiency is a requirement
- Full health benefits including vision and dental
- Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to advance in a growing company
We Value Diversity and Inclusion
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Pared are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.