Senior BAS/HVAC Specialist
WHO ARE WE?
Buildings in our beautiful cities, where we live and work are producing 40% of the CO2 going into our atmosphere contributing to global warming. We need to HEAT, VENT, AIR CONDITION our buildings 24/7. Most of the energy consumed in a building is for our comfort and 50% of it is wasted!!! This is because buildings have little to no technology to control this.
The state or condition of being equal, synonyms: balanced, equality, equivalence, uniformity, sameness, consistency, congruity, congruence, levelness, unity, coequality, parallelism, evenness "Parity of two things being perfectly matched with no waste"
Parity Inc. is a software service to eliminate energy waste from buildings!! Using AI, Parity Inc. is able to predict the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building to meet its residents HVAC needs and adapt the building's systems and machinery. We save our customers and building operators:
1. Time through our mobile platform that provides early alerting services when things go down
2. Reduced environmental Impact with our carbon reduction tracking, and
3. Money $$ with monthly and annual energy savings reports delivered to their email.
WHY JOIN US?
Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success. Contribute to a world-changing product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multi-residential buildings. Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, hyper-growth start-up environment. So far we have saved almost 14 million lbs. of CO2 emissions… yes, that’s a lot!!
Parity Inc. is seeking an experienced BAS/HVAC Specialist to join our Greater Toronto Area team in a supervisory / customer service capacity. As a BAS/HVAC Specialist you will work with the Parity Operations team to support the implementation and follow up service to customers of our proprietary software to control and optimize multi-residential buildings existing HVAC systems.
The senior BAS Specialist will consistently demonstrate the ability to achieve or exceed customer service standards as well as advanced technical competencies. The individual would work directly with the Parity Operations team and would report to the VP Operations.
- Assist in delivering BAS solutions to our customer base including effective working relationships with Install contracted partners.
- Assist with site commissioning, point to point checks, troubleshooting and startups of BAS, HVAC Equipment and controls systems and associated hardware
- Provide accurate project updates and/or customer service documentation.
- Show initiative in learning HVAC and DDC fundamentals, as well as other common industry BAS systems and components such as MetaSYS, -Explorer, Reliable, Schneider, Trane, Honeywell
- Demonstrate keen willingness towards continuous learning and take initiative to seek out such opportunities (either on the job or extracurricular)
- Learn and demonstrate working knowledge of BAS end devices.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting services to Operations Department
- Follow and improve policies and procedures for documenting work; provide comprehensive documentation for all projects including drawings
- Provide after-hours support
- 10 years + experience in BAS/HVAC technician role.
- Graduate of Post-Secondary technical or engineering program.
- Proficient in G-Suite Office, and Visio or Lucid.
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming.
- Familiarization with HVAC protocols such as BACNet, Modbus, LON, N2.
- Familiarization with Tridium software would be an asset.
- Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) configuration and commissioning.
- Medium physical duties, the ability to walk, climb stairs and ladders. Ability to work in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise.
- Some travel may be requested from time to time depending on the company's growth trajectory.
- Well-organized self-starter, capable of budgeting time to meet priorities, while maintaining accuracy and functionality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with demonstrated ability to write technical documents and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic schematics and drawings.
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.