People Operations Coordinator
WHO ARE WE?
Buildings in our beautiful cities, where we live and work are producing 40% of the CO2 going into our atmosphere contributing to global warming. We need to HEAT, VENT, AIR CONDITION our buildings 24/7. Most of the energy consumed in a building is for our comfort and 50% of it is wasted!!! This is because buildings have little to no technology to control this.
The state or condition of being equal, synonyms: balanced, equality, equivalence, uniformity, sameness, consistency, congruity, congruence, levelness, unity, coequality, parallelism, evenness "Parity of two things being perfectly matched with no waste"
Parity Inc. is a software service to eliminate energy waste from buildings!! Using AI, Parity Inc. is able to predict the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building to meet its residents HVAC needs and adapt the building's systems and machinery. We save our customers and building operators:
1. Time through our mobile platform that provides early alerting services when things go down
2. Reduced environmental Impact with our carbon reduction tracking, and
3. Money $$ with monthly and annual energy savings reports delivered to their email.
WHY JOIN US?
Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success. Contribute to a world-changing product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multi-residential buildings. Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, hyper-growth start-up environment. So far we have saved almost 14 million lbs. of CO2 emissions… yes, that’s a lot!!
We are looking for a People Operations Coordinator to join the Parity's People time. This integral role works directly alongside the Head of People, where you will focus on all things people, culture, and office! You promote a culture of openness and connection and are the go-to person for office coordination and questions. You are approachable and knowledgeable and able to assist in executing relevant Human Resources tasks such as; hiring, engagement surveys, events, social and other Human Resources programs.
- Assist in building a pipeline of top talent through researching, sourcing and networking
- Post jobs using our Applicant Tracking System Lever
- Screen resumes and schedule interviews
- Day-to-day maintenance of our Human Resources Information Systems ensuring content is current and up to date
- Arrange for couriers and office equipment repairs
- Arrange for meals for special meetings
- Assist with on-boarding and off-boarding of team members
- Maintain the cleanliness of the kitchen and general office area as well as manage the ordering of supplies
- Assist in expense tracking and reports
- Coordinate Social events
- Be actively involved in employee engagement through Social Committees
- Post-secondary education with a major in Human Resource Management or Business related degree
- Minimum 1 year working in an office environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to clearly communicate with various audiences, stakeholders and end users
- Exceptional organization and emerging project management skills with the ability to manage multiple clients and deliverables
- Proven ability to work within a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to resolve issues by analyzing and evaluating possible solutions
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with attention to detail
- A sense of humour and the enjoyment of working with people
- Assist and Administer Health & Safety processes and procedures
- Liaise with other departments or functions as required for completion of day to day activities
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.