Senior Frontend Engineer (React/Redux)
WHO ARE WE?
Buildings in our beautiful cities, where we live and work are producing 40% of the CO2 going into our atmosphere contributing to global warming. We need to HEAT, VENT, AIR CONDITION our buildings 24/7. Most of the energy consumed in a building is for our comfort and 50% of it is wasted!!! This is because buildings have little to no technology to control this.
The state or condition of being equal, synonyms: balanced, equality, equivalence, uniformity, sameness, consistency, congruity, congruence, levelness, unity, coequality, parallelism, evenness "Parity of two things being perfectly matched with no waste"
Parity Inc. is a software service to eliminate energy waste from buildings!! Using AI, Parity Inc. is able to predict the amount of energy needed ahead of time to operate a building to meet its residents HVAC needs and adapt the building's systems and machinery. We save our customers and building operators:
1. Time through our mobile platform that provides early alerting services when things go down
2. Reduced environmental Impact with our carbon reduction tracking, and
3. Money $$ with monthly and annual energy savings reports delivered to their email.
WHY JOIN US?
Join our organization in a key role during a period of tremendous growth and directly contribute to its future success. Contribute to a world-changing product that is working to make the world a better place through reduced CO2 emissions in multi-residential buildings. Have the autonomy to learn and grow in a fast-moving, hyper-growth start-up environment. So far we have saved almost 14 million lbs. of CO2 emissions… yes, that’s a lot!!
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Software Developer to join our growing Engineering team, with a focus on Frontend web development in React/Redux. This is an exciting, high-impact role as the 4th member of our Engineering team, where you will be joining our team as we head into a true hyper-growth mode with a focus on building and scaling our product as quickly as possible.
- Build highly-scalable microservices (React/Redux) for our responsive web application, implementing elegant, user-centric designs in a pixel-perfect way.
- Contribute to key decisions around frontend architecture, systems design and data infrastructure
- Ship great code quickly in an iterative environment, and provide feedback to others through rigorous peer code reviews
- Work closely with Product and Design as we develop our product roadmap, and ensure that the latest trends & best-practices for modern web development are included in our codebase from an early stage
- You have 3-4 years of Engineering experience, ideally within a startup environment
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves to both develop flawless architecture and dive into nitty-gritty styling changes
- You are eager to move fast, develop/ship great features quickly, and grow at a rapid pace
- Bonus points if you are familiar with the Energy or HVAC fields, or if you’re p passionate about Cleantech and energy
Equal Opportunity Employment:
Parity is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We are happy to consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms, or other accommodations, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Parity welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.