Data Ops Engineer
The ParkWhiz Data team has grown considerably and provides support to every aspect of the business. We know our continued success hinges on using data to provide models, reports, and business insights that keep us ahead of the curve and at the forefront of our industry. The DataOps Engineer will join an existing group of analysts, engineers, and data scientists to help us enhance our data infrastructure, and build data-driven products.
What you'll be doing
- Work with other Data Engineers to craft schemas and tables specifically for data science projects.
- Ensure all data science projects are efficiently deployed into production environments.
- Build and enhance our analytics stack, from ETL scripts to predictive workflow, to full automation production and dashboard support.
- Assume ownership of all tools built to foster a data science pipeline
- Become a “go to” and expert of our data.
- Extract and transform data from product databases and 3rd party services to provide consumable data and support functions across the organization.
What you bring to the table
- Strong Linux/Unix and automation skills
- Expertise working with databases (MySQL, Postgres). Redshift a plus
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services. Experience with AWS is required
- Exceptional creativity and no fear of failure
- Expertise building and working with RESTful API clients (curl, Python Requests)
- Familiarity with basic data science concepts and methods (e.g. regression analysis, machine learning)
- Familiarity with common data science workflows and tools (e.g. R, Sklearn)
- Strong communicator across mediums and audiences
The ParkWhiz Team consists of smart, innovative thinkers with a variety of backgrounds and talents. We come in to the office every day to create products and experiences people love using and to have fun while we do it. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.