Senior Data Analyst
Are you passionate about leveraging data to solve interesting business problems? On a daily basis we collect and analyze millions of data points to help to solve the problems of parking. We’re looking for a Senior Data Analyst to help us with our mission to free consumers from the hassles of everyday travel by making it faster and easier to get where they need to go.
You will dive into our data to uncover insights, formulate and test ideas, and partner with stakeholders across multiple departments to help us understand and accelerate our consumer and platform business. We're in an exciting and rapidly evolving industry that requires constant innovation, evaluation, and iteration. Help us perfect the parking experience and make an impact on the industry!
What you'll do
- Work with variety of data sources - extracting knowledge and actionable information from massive datasets
- Develop and apply analytics frameworks to solve large, complex business problems
- Design and implement scalable data models for business needs
- Be a passionate problem solver - breaking down problems and developing analytical insights
- Convey your work and results to a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders – nerds and non-nerds
- Evaluate process inefficiencies and identify areas where you can create, automate, and develop tools (SQL-based or otherwise)
- Diagnose data-related bugs and ensure they are resolved in a timely manner
- Support the business with ad hoc reporting
- Continuously strive for a deeper understanding of our business drivers
- Offer insight to all aspects of the organization – product, marketing, engineering and finance
What you bring to the table
- 5 plus years supporting business operations across multiple departments in an analytics capacity
- A love for insights, innate curiosity, and a deep desire to find ways to create value
- Solid communication skills. Ability to present and defend analyses and insights to executive stakeholders
- Passion for automation
- Comfort in a complex data environment and understanding of data structures
- Mastery of SQL and Excel (Experience with Python or R is a plus, but not a must)
- Experience with some flavor of data visualization (we use Looker)
- Familiarity with transactional and data warehouse environments (Postgres, Redshift)
- The business sense to understand why you're pulling data and whether it seems accurate...not just pulling it
- You like to formulate the right questions versus just seeking answers to make sure the best and smartest decisions get made
What you get
- A data environment that isn't a total mess
- The tools - or additional tools, if need be - to get the job done
- Solve big problems across departments and for leadership
- High functioning, collaborative, and capable teammates with a desire to both share their knowledge and learn from you
- Opportunity to directly impact success for a rapid-growing business in a fast-paced industry
The ParkWhiz mission is to bring smiles to drivers around the world by making parking more convenient, efficient, and delightful. We seek to remove friction for our users and to become integrated into the daily life of drivers across the country.
The ParkWhiz Product Team consists of user advocates, collaborators and innovative thinkers. We strive to create products people love using, we test and iterate on our ideas. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.