Full Stack Engineer
ParkWhiz is looking for software engineers to help build and extend the parking platform of the future.
You'll get some challenging problems to work on - complex pricing models, GIS/geospatial data, transaction processing, scalable APIs and services - and flexibility to choose the best tools for the job.
We have loads of exciting projects in the pipeline, and are looking for somebody to help make them a reality. We're a small team so you will have many challenges and opportunities to use a lot of tech on a huge variety of problems. You will probably spend more time writing Ruby code than anything else, but some of the other tech you will use includes: Rails, Go, React, Postgres and PostGIS, AWS (SQS, Dynamodb, EC2 and ELB, RDS), Linux, Docker, PHP, and more.
What you bring to the table:
- BS in CS or a related field, or 2+ years of experience. This is strictly required. Attendance in an accelerated bootcamp program, while useful, is not sufficient for this position.
- You're a quick learner, desire excellence, have attention to detail, and want to work with others who share these traits; We have a team of truly exceptional people, and expect the same from you.
- Exceptional communication. You won't (often) have somebody throwing neatly written user stories over the wall for you to blindly implement. You will need to talk to people, exchange emails, clarify requirements, etc.
- Proficiency with one or more backend scripting languages (Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, etc). You stay up-to-date on best practices and community-recommended libraries and toolchains
- Pride in your work. You strive to meaningfully contribute to an organization through amazing work
Our Engineering Culture:
We are a very tight knit group that is inclusive, fun and hard working. Our number one priority after producing a great product is keeping that spirit alive. We have a firm, non-negotiable no jerk policy. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.