Finance Operations Associate
Atlanta, GA /
Finance Operations /
Parrot is an AI technology company focused on modernizing the court reporting and transcription process. We empower highly trained reporters with automated speech recognition technology to deliver more accurate transcripts, making our clients more effective and efficient in their workflow. Our clientele includes law firms, insurance carriers, law enforcement, and leading corporations that all rely on Parrot for depositions, witness statements, examinations under oath, and transcription.
We are a fast-growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. We value flexibility and work-life balance -- with a primary focus on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers.
Why Join Us?
The purpose of this role at Parrot is to ensure financial processes on our employee, customer, contractor and partner side are running as seamlessly as possible and our financial records are fully compliant and up to date at all times. You will be given the freedom to use and implement tools of your choice based on your best judgment. We are a fast-growing company, and we want the same for you - to grow both personally and professionally together with us.
Responsibilities of Finance Associate:
- Maintaining all financial transactions and records of the business
- Oversee the process of invoice generation and solve payment discrepancies
- Payment tracking & reporting to our department stakeholders
- Collaborate with our product managers and engineering team on streamlining our billing processes with an eye on customer experience
- Own preparing and maintaining accounts receivable records and collections
- Interface with third-party vendors like external accountants, tax consultants and financial advisors and independent contractors of Parrot
- Collaborate with other departments making sure our on-demand contractors are paid in a timely and most convenient manner
- Assist in preparing, maintaining, and proper storage of legal agreements and general administrative duties as it pertains to company operations
- Manage and administrate company expense policies & set up budgeting processes
- Support our Europe subsidiary accounting and legal processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in an area of financial operations, such as invoice generation, reporting expenses and business costs, bulk processing payments, financial reporting & budgeting, or 1 year with a relevant advanced degree
- Experienced working in a high-growth or start-up environment ideally from software companies
- Overview of efficient and lightweight software solutions that would help us out with keeping track of outstanding invoices, payments or expenses
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaborate remotely
Hybrid role: requires you to be located in the location mentioned in this job posting and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal-opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.