Associate, Strategy & Operations
New York, NY /
Parrot is an AI technology company focused on modernizing the court reporting and transcription process. We empower highly trained reporters with automated speech recognition technology to deliver more accurate transcripts, making our clients more effective and efficient in their workflow. Our clientele includes law firms, insurance carriers, law enforcement, and leading corporations that all rely on Parrot for depositions, witness statements, examinations under oath, and transcription.
We are a fast-growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. We value flexibility and work-life balance -- with a primary focus on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers.
We are looking for hungry operations specialists with experience in the tech industry to help streamline our transcription gig model economy pipeline with a keen eye for capacity planning, performance monitoring & management, and creating guidelines and processes that would support smooth transcriber and reviewer experience. The goal of this role is to help Parrot successfully deliver transcripts back to clients at the highest possible quality standard while creating an outstanding community experience for the transcription workforce. You will have plenty of opportunities to experiment and A/B test processes, the freedom to come up with initiatives and see them through successful implementation.
- Delivery management, making sure we deliver transcripts back to customers on time while meeting quality standards
- Capacity modeling, ensuring our transcribers and reviewers are ready to cover predicted client demand
- Hiring & onboarding the transcription workforce and building scalable processes that would enable quick growth of the workforce
- Fostering and monitoring a supportive and inclusive community for transcribers and reviewers
- Performance management processes, monitoring metrics and quality assurance
- Creating guidelines for the transcription workforce and troubleshooting issues as the first line of support
- Coordinate deeper technical issues or suggestions for improvements with the engineering and product team
- Daily communication and support of transcription workforce via dedicated Slack workspace and support/ticketing software
- Sometimes join Parrot depositions & events to observe digital reporter's performance
- At least 2 years of experience in operations roles within the tech industry and eagerness to grow to the management level
- Previous domain or industry experience transcription or industry experience is a bonus
- Appreciation for correct grammar and language or previous language-related studies
- Strong eye for detail and quality
- Smart problem solver who’s not afraid of changes and starting new initiatives
- Outstanding communication skills - you will interact with others frequently, whether it’s our internal team or the external transcription workforce
The estimated salary range for this role is $75,000-$110,000. Our salary range is determined by seniority.
Hybrid role: requires you to be located in the location mentioned in this job posting and is a mixture of onsite and remote.
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal-opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.