Parrot is an AI technology company focused on modernizing the court reporting and transcription process. We empower highly trained reporters with automated speech recognition technology to deliver more accurate transcripts, making our clients more effective and efficient in their workflow. Our clientele includes law firms, insurance carriers, law enforcement, and leading corporations that all rely on Parrot for depositions, witness statements, examinations under oath, and transcription.
We are a fast-growing team of operators, technologists, language nerds and legal professionals. We value flexibility and work-life balance -- with a primary focus on delivering an exceptional experience for our customers.
Engineering at Parrot
Parrot is unique in the way how we combine the work of dozens of highly skilled professionals like transcribers or digital reporters to deliver stellar services to our customers which weren’t possible before. We also leverage artificial intelligence in a very effective way where it saves people from hours of repetitive transcription work.
Our main technical challenges come with the deployment of machine learning services (streaming and batch processing) while balancing supply and demand on the services marketplace. As a product engineer at Parrot, you will work closely with your engineering team, and collaborate with product managers to build features and products which have a direct impact on the growth of our legal services marketplace. You will have an opportunity to learn from and participate in the disruption of technologically untouched industries. You’ll be encouraged to take ownership over projects and use data to make decisions that impact our business.
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features and products.
- Work with product managers to crystallize feature specifications and designs.
- Understand the end-to-end software development process and own your parts within it.
- 2+ years of professional software engineering experience, building and hosting software products from the point of inception to release and maintenance.
- Enjoys working in a full-stack team, focusing on what it takes to solve the problems instead of focusing on certain technological area
- Thriving in a collaborative and remote environment, efficient in remote setup
- Able to work with people from operations or customer-facing roles to identify problems and build solutions
- Always looking for ways to higher engineering standards
- We are using mostly Python, Django, React, Typescript, Kubernetes and AWS. We care about your engineering skill rather than specific language framework or tooling, however, we expect you to be open to our current tech stack.
What we care about
- Putting our hearts and minds into it. We wouldn’t be able to get where we are without having a passion for what we do. We do care about good work-life balance, but sometimes we expect each other to put the extra effort into delivering a project on time or adding that extra touch to a feature.
- Individual growth. We strongly believe that the growth of our team members is tied to the growth of Parrot. And went the extra mile to built effective processes to support that.
- Shipping good software. We care about great developer experience which enables us to quickly develop high-quality user experiences. It is also what allowed us to build so much with our current team.
- Great communication. Parrot’s team works from four countries and three continents. Good communication is the key to being able to operate efficiently.
- Stepping outside of our boundaries. As we’ve grown we had to start specializing more in the areas where our experiences and talents lay. But we still cover each other's backs and step outside of our boundaries when someone needs support. We believe that’s a core principle of good collaboration.
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal-opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.