Parrot is an AI-first technology company empowering attorneys to get more from depositions. Trusted by leading insurance companies, law firms, and Fortune 500 companies alike, Parrot blends the proficiency of 100% reliable, highly-trained reporters with cutting-edge technology and artificial intelligence, ensuring smooth scheduling, immediate rough drafts, and real-time deposition summaries.
As a trusted partner for efficient court reporting services and its leading technology platform, Parrot enables its customers to unlock faster and better outcomes for their clients.
Why Join Us?
We are seeking seasoned and forward-thinking court reporters to join our team. This role is a unique opportunity to help build the foundation of Parrot’s court reporting offering. As part of the Operations team, you will service legal proceedings as a court reporter, assist with training, and evaluate our reporters.
- The Court Reporter position is responsible for writing/transcription, and recording legal proceedings and assisting colleagues in the preparation, proofreading, or reviewing of transcripts.
- The employee possesses the ability to write or transcribe testimony at industry standard required speed and accuracy, read back and/or playback complex testimony, as well as the ability to timely produce transcripts, and meet strict deadlines.
- Must be available and are expected to work from 9am-5pm ET.
- Audit quality and performance of digital court reporters on remote proceedings hosted with Parrot.
- Review digital reporter training materials and provide suggestions.
- Conduct onboarding and training events such as testing and introductory interviews.
- Candidate must be certified through the National Court Reporters Association (NCRA). You must be able to provide the proper certification upon request.
- Candidate must be a licensed Notary Public and competent to administer oaths and carry Notary Public Errors and Omissions Insurance.
- Proficiency in using Zoom to conduct remote depositions, including, but not limited to toggling recording, creating breakout rooms, admitting/denying attendees, exhibit sharing, screenshotting, highlighting participants, assisting attendees with basic functions e.g. joining a remote deposition, turning audio or camera on/off, etc.
- Must be able to successfully pass State and Federal Government level background check.
- Candidate must be based in Florida.
- Candidate must possess an active notary commission in Florida.
- Candidate must possess an active court reporting certificate (detailed above) in Florida.
Equity. We value an owner’s mentality - all our employees earn equity at Parrot!
Hybrid, flexible work. The flexibility to work from home, with the opportunity to travel and work with your colleagues from our offices in select hubs.
Health benefits. Highly competitive medical, dental and vision benefits for all full-time employees.
Unlimited paid time off. We not only give you the opportunity to take the time off, but we also encourage you to do so. We want all our colleagues to enjoy time away from the grind.
“Parroteer” Days. In addition to all public holidays, we provide four company-wide holidays annually. We do this to ensure our Team reflects on our successes and takes a moment for true time away.
Parental leave. We offer two months of paid parental leave -- regardless of your status as a primary or secondary caregiver.
Mental health. Annual subscription to meditation and mindfulness platform to help you focus on your mental health and happiness.
Physical health. Access to fitness classes and facilities in your location through a company-wide membership program.
Referral Program. It’s no secret A players hire A players, and we expect everyone at Parrot to wear a hat in recruiting. In fact, we incentivize it with a generous referral bonus for each successful referral you make.
We’d love to connect
We are an equal opportunity company and highly value diversity in our team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. If you’re interested in what we’re building, let’s connect.