Bangalore, India /
Product & Engineering – Product /
Join Us in Revolutionizing the Construction Industry
Parspec is transforming how $5 trillion in construction products are sold annually around the world by digitizing and structuring the industry’s product data. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, our mission is to improve the affordability and sustainability of the built environment by bringing greater efficiency and transparency to the construction supply chain.
We are building a digital platform that helps buyers quickly identify the right products for their project and helps sellers to generate new leads and close deals faster. These benefits are enabled by proprietary AI, web scraping and workflow-automation technology.
We have raised over $4M USD in seed financing from notable investors including Innovation Endeavors (founded by former Google CEO Eric Schmidt) and Heartland Ventures.
Currently we are expanding our world-class engineering, product, and sales teams to drive significant market penetration of our product in major metropolitan markets across the U.S. We invite you to be at the forefront of the digital transformation of the construction industry.
Parspec is helmed by technologists and construction supply chain veterans with a common passion to digitally transform our industry:
Forest Flager (Co-Founder & CEO) - Former Director of Software at Katerra and Stanford University faculty member; Stanford BS, PhD. MIT MEng. Harvard MDes.
Pratyush Havelia (Co-Founder & CTO) - Construction-tech engineering leader for 8+ years; Stanford MS & MEng, IIT-R B.Tech.
PRODUCT & ENGINEERING LEADERSHIP
Jolan Martin (Product Manager) - Construction-tech product manager for 3+ years; Stanford MS
Sharique Arshi (Lead Software Architect) - 10+ years of experience in the software engineering industry in lead tech roles; IIT-G B.Tech.
Vasu Gupta (AI Lead) - 6+ years of diverse industry experience in deep learning, system design & computational electromagnetics; Stanford MS, IIT Bhubaneswar B.Tech.
Abhijit Mitra (Lead Frontend Engineer) - Spent 8+ years building highly scalable web applications, monorepo, micro-frontend architecture; ex-Tekion; Gauhati University B.Tech.
As a Product Manager and an early member at Parspec, you will be responsible for delivering a best-in-class product experience for our flagship web application.
- Coordinate with multiple functional teams - QA, Data Engineering, Web Crawling, AI, Product and Business teams - in order to ensure we are on track and aligned with high-level business objectives
- Lead QA for the Data Engineering team and set up relevant efficient business processes
- Become the POC for all engineering teams for information needed on business domain - i.e. building products
- Monitor app performance for a certain set of features and evaluate for potential improvements
In this role, you will have the unique opportunity to reimagine how buyers and sellers connect and transact for one of the largest and oldest marketplaces in the world - construction products. This opportunity is afforded by state-of-the-art technology developed by Parspec’s engineering team that is truly differentiated from other construction supply chain tools available in the market today.
This is an exceptional opportunity to bring an entire industry to the forefront of the digital age, and we are excited to work together with like-minded and ambitious leaders like you to realize this potential.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a proven product or project manager with experience in coordination with multi-function teams and enabling them towards common goals, and are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to build a top-tier product. You agree with the following:
- You are a seasoned problem solver with experience in incentivizing, coordinating and managing different teams
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are excited by the opportunity to shape the development of a new product
- You are detail-oriented and meticulous, but also understand the importance of rapid iteration in an agile development environment
- You have some domain experience in the construction industry - specially with understanding specifications of building products and materials
- You are not afraid to get your hands dirty and believe that no task is beneath you when it comes to delivering a world-class product
- You are self-driven and take pride in your work
- You are willing to occasionally make yourself available outside regular working hours to accommodate collaboration with a globally distributed team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Coordination between multi-functional teams
- Clearly defining problems and keeping track of progress
- Running and managing daily coordination meetings
- Creating and managing product management documentation - configuration videos, KT processes, etc.
- Setting and following short-term and long-term product roadmap goals
- Defining sprint deliverables
- Understanding limitations and providing solutions for each team
Leading QA for Data Engineering Team
- Defining clear and scalable processes for QA of data inputs and pipelines
- Leading the QA effort for these teams with daily coordination meetings and progress trackers
- Constantly evolving the process based on iterative inputs
- Clearly reporting findings to the other teams
Leading POC for domain expertise
- Understanding and resolving questions from the engineering teams related to domain expertise, i.e. building products (e.g. lighting fixtures, electrical switches, fans, etc.)
- Coordinating with the Product and Customer Success teams in defining product goals for the engineering team
Monitoring and improving product performance
- Coordinating with the Product and Customer Success teams in understanding current app performance wrt domain expertise and defining systems to track such performance
- Catching areas of improvement and documenting solutions
- Converting solutions to actionable PRD’s and setting product roadmap goals to achieve the planned solutions
WHAT DOES YOUR ARSENAL LOOK LIKE
- 3+ years of professional product management or project management experience working with multiple teams
- 1+ years of experience in any construction or building engineering firm - with the goal of having a clear understanding of how building products are spec’d
- Bachelor’s degree in any core engineering discipline
- Good experience with Agile management and Jira
- Good experience with reporting and visualization methods and software (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience gathering, documenting and analyzing business, functional, and end user requirements, and addressing identified needs with SAAS products
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related fields
- MBA with focus on operations and strategy
- Prior experience with product management for web-apps
- Prior experience working with web crawlers or QA of data pipelines meant for AI ecosystems
- Prior experience working on technology products for construction or other similar industries, e.g., automotive, aerospace, manufacturing
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams and users across multiple time zones
- Experience with rapid scaling of early-stage products
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
As an integral part of building Parspec from the ground up, you will share in our success. We offer:
- Highly competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible hours and hybrid working (choice between WFH and Bengaluru)
- Unlimited PTO
- Full medical coverage for family and dependents
- Opportunity to grow with a rapidly scaling company addressing a large market ripe for digital transformation
THE PARSPEC ETHOS
At Parspec, we lead from every seat. Our team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, and bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence. We embrace diversity with a belief that different backgrounds, ideas, and skillsets result in better outcomes. Parspec does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. Parspec encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans and those with diverse life experiences.