Manager, Strategy & Business Development
Strategy & Business Development
Support the overall vision, mission and mandates for the company.
Position summary: Participant Media is looking for a Manager to join its Strategy & Business Development department. This individual will work directly with the SVP, Strategy & Business Development to analyze and implement Participant’s long-range strategic plan, which will set the trajectory of the company’s growth for the next several years.
The Strategy & Business Development Manager will play a critical role in the creation and operationalization of the strategy. The Manager will then help identify, assess, pursue, and execute opportunities including investments, partnerships, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, business start-ups and other business development prospects, across film, television and digital media and in both domestic and international markets. This is an exciting opportunity to help redefine a leading global media & entertainment company as it enters its next stage of growth.
- Analyze and quantify growth strategy and new business development opportunities for Participant Media.
- Drive evaluation, articulation and presentation of Participant’s key strategic initiatives for senior management.
- Spearhead financial and operational modeling to quantify the impact of strategic plans.
- Assist in due diligence efforts and analysis for potential corporate development opportunities, including M&A and strategic partnerships.
- Analyze industry trends, competitive landscape, growth opportunities and internal performance.
- Work effectively in a team environment, both within Strategic Planning and with business unit partners/stakeholders.
- Execute special projects on behalf of business units, including film, TV, digital and social action teams.
- Other duties / special projects as assigned.
- B.A. required, M.B.A. a plus.
- 2-4 years of experience at a leading investment bank, management consulting firm or top-tier strategic planning / corporate strategy department.
- Strong academic performance at a top university.
- Superior analytical skills and financial modeling capabilities.
- Experience or interest in the media, digital and/or tech industries.
- Strong executive-level presentation skills.
- Demonstrable success in delivering results in a cross-functional team setting.
- Proven interest in social impact (e.g., non-profits, international development, social entrepreneurship).