Los Angeles /
Participant is the leading media company dedicated to entertainment that brings social awareness and engages audiences to participate in positive social change. Founded in 2004 by Jeff Skoll, Participant’s content combines the power of a good story well told with opportunities for real world impact around the most pressing global issues of our time.
The Audience Development team has three main objectives: to reach Participants via compelling digital content, mobilize Participants to take action, and enroll Participants at scale to our long-term community of changemakers. Participant is looking for an organized, strategic Community Manager to help us connect audiences to our brand of storytelling that drives social change. The ideal candidate will be able to embrace the art of curating content and the science of using data insights to optimize growth and engagement. Applicants should be well versed in community management, social content, and have a deep understanding of data and analytics. Additionally, this role will execute the social media strategy on our social impact campaigns on issues like protecting the planet, designing for equity, and institutional accountability.
- Community Management
- Leads daily community management across social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter) to build engagement, brand affiliation, and the impact of our audiences.
- Engages in discussions with our audiences in real time (via responding to comments, messages), noting recurring themes, troubleshooting, and elevating insights and issues to our team.
- Builds relationships with engaged followers to understand the needs of the community and inform future activations.
- Monitors social conversations daily ensuring Participant catches every opportunity to engage with our audiences. This may include in the evenings and on weekends for major events, like award shows and film premieres.
- Maintains a pulse on how digital audiences are responding and communicating around our key issue areas, mines the web for shareable content, and proactively shares with the team.
- Builds relationships with content creators, artists, and activists for our social communities.
- Content Publishing + Coordination
- Schedules and publishes content from our social media editorial calendar with attention to detail. That includes daily curated and original content; tentpole activations for our film/episodic releases; and social impact campaigns.
- Supports the team in developing and writing daily content across platforms, optimizing for growth and engagement.
- Works closely with the creative production team to coordinate the delivery of creative programming and assets for Participants’ social channels.
- Project Management + Data Analytics
- Executes on social media strategy and tactics for Social Impact campaigns, working on a cross-functional team to achieve both impact and audience development goals.
- Coordinates with film distribution and impact partners for film releases, trailer launches, award announcements, and social toolkit development.
- Tracks metrics against KPIs and extracts both quantitative and qualitative social insights across channels and campaigns on a weekly basis. Elevates insights regularly in real time to the wider team to inform our content and growth strategies.
- 3-5 years of relevant community management or social media experience
- Proven experience hitting key social metrics, including audience growth and engagement.
- Strong project management, organizational, planning, and analytical skills.
- Must have experience with Instagram, Facebook, Tiktok (Bonus: Twitter, YouTube)
- Sound editorial judgment, writing skills and ability to create a distinct voice.
- Lives and breathes social media.
- Strong knowledge and passion for film, entertainment, pop culture, and social impact.
- Ability to work independently, quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere.
- Understands that social media and digital doesn’t completely end on weekends and holidays and is comfortable making sure your schedule accommodates the demands of the highly connected world we live in.
Participant is an equal opportunity employer. This means we are committed to recruiting, training, compensating, and promoting all of our employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender, or any other protected classes set forth under applicable law. As a media company, we are dedicated to reflecting the diversity, and multiculturalism, of our viewers, creators, partners and communities. Inclusion is at the heart of what we do and at the core of our values.