Product Manager, Internal Tools
Corporate – Operations
Particle is hiring a Product Manager of Data Systems to improve the functioning of the team as a whole and manage our business tools.
You will be creating, driving and implementing the first strategy and projects for business tools at Particle. Changes to our business tools will have instant impact on the revenue, costs and sanity of the team. You will have a lot of autonomy to talk to stakeholders, create a strategy, design systems and implement them as well as the ability to make a huge impact to Particle’s ability to grow.
- Action-oriented. You can get things done. You can move quickly and smartly. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them.
- Obsessed with efficiency. You’re someone who stands in line at Panera and thinks about how you would reorganize the sandwich line. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved.
- Organized. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them.
- Collaborative. You love working with a bunch of different teams to get things done. You are passionate about making things easier for your teammates.
- Flexible. You are excited to wear a lot of hats and to learn new things (even if they are out of your particular job description). You are a team player. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and write some HTML if necessary.
- Empathetic. You are committed to solving the right problem for their target customer, and can put yourself in the shoes of the teams you are building for.
- Fun. We have a fun, supportive and irreverent office culture. You should be able to have fun on the job!
- 2-4 years of product management or related experience
- Technically apt with ability to learn quickly and adapt to new tools and processes
- Ability to work with different teams within an organization and manage different sets of internal collaborators
- Analytically focused and able to leverage business insights to make well informed decisions
- Deeply care about what you build and why you’re building it– not just how it’s going to be done
- High proficiency in planning, collaboration, communication, and reporting tools and ability to manage multiple concurrent major projects
- Ability to craft descriptive technical specs that frame the problem and outline a well-defined solution
- Effectively prioritization of technical work and advocation for required resources
- Manage Particle’s internal tools including our e-commerce sites, internal databases and business intelligence tools
- Build and maintain a roadmaps, use cases and user stories to handle our fast growth
- Set the product strategy, prioritize features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with business teams, engineers and/or independent contractors to ship high-quality experiences to internal Particle teams
- Independently make slightly technical changes to configuration of tools when neededUse standard project management e.g., weekly updates on project progress and blockers, work tracking and dependency management, communication with stakeholders
- Integrate usability studies, user research, analysis, market research and stakeholder feedback into product requirements to ensure products satisfy user needs
- Get creative on internal tools including assessing external tools, make vs. buy decision, or hiring/managing external engineers as needed
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We've built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we've shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle's platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.