Senior IoT Hardware Project Manager
Platform – Customer Success
Are you an experienced technical Program Manager who loves the challenge of delivering integrated hardware + software products at enterprise scale? If so, we would love to meet you!
At Particle, the IoT Program Manager has the awesome job of guiding implementation of client IoT hardware + software projects built on the Particle platform. You will work as an expert consultant, directly supporting large and strategic Particle customers.
The Particle IoT Program Manager is a multi-skilled expert, with experience in several, cross functional areas, and a proven ability to ship amazing products that integrate hardware and software. In this role you will have the chance to build and launch products that disrupt existing industries and define entirely new technologies.
Particle is a very collaborative company, and you will have support from subject matter experts across the organization and via skilled partners. Your key responsibility will be the continued successful delivery of your projects in a highly creative and groundbreaking environment.
- Managing projects from specification and schedule, through implementation, test/validation, manufacturing, and onward to launch and scaling
- Interfacing directly with key clients and partners and coordinating across groups
- Driving requirements definition, project schedules, resource allocation, scoping, task tracking, risk management, integration testing, manufacturing oversight, and release planning
- Participating in the pre-sales process to meet directly with client prospects and to help define project proposals
- Advising other Particle customers and development partners to provide expert-level support on project planning and Particle best practices
- Documenting knowledge gained from project and platform experience, so that the company, future team hires, and development partners can benefit
- Identifying and advocating for process and platform improvements that will benefit the customer and improve efficiency
- Travel, both domestically and internationally, may be a part of some strategic projects
- 5 years experience in program management, including cross-functional team leadership, project scheduling, time & task tracking, resource management, and invoicing
- Successful delivery of physical electronic hardware products where you were the key factor responsible for project success
- Experience coordinating across teams of engineers and non-technical stakeholders Experience managing enterprise client stakeholders, from implementation engineers up to executive decision makers
- Understanding of the modern manufacturing process, including BOMs, sourcing, DFM, and certifications
- Knowledge of agile and waterfall project methodologies
- Experience with at least one of the following collaboration tools: Google Apps, Asana, Basecamp, ClubHouse, Jira, or Slack
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be exceptionally good at identifying, communicating, and resolving problems compassionately, professionally, and collaboratively
- Must be service oriented, creative, and with a bias toward action and doing what it takes to make the client successful
- Working knowledge of good electrical and mechanical engineering practices
- General understanding of software cloud systems and SaaS platform architectures
- A bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in an engineering discipline such as mechanical, electrical, or software Experience in a consulting context, managing both internal contributors, external subcontractors, and external clients
- Experience working with or in China is a plus
- Experience specifically with industrial IoT products is a big plus
- And, experience with Particle is a huge plus!
Working at Particle
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Company mobile phone
- Commuter/telecommuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- Career planning and professional development
- Work with an unbelievably talented and close-knit team
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT platform). We've built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we've shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle's platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.