Corporate – Operations
Particle is hiring a Financial Analyst to develop and maintain key financial models, drive metrics, run strategic projects and help the executive team and Board of Directors make important financial decisions.
This job is a great way for a generalist analyst to understand a small business and drive real change from initial analysis to implementation in collaboration with many cross-functional teams. You will get exposure to every part of Particle’s business and work directly with the executive team.
Particle is fast growing startup; we have ~45 employees, our revenue is in the millions and our business is surprisingly complex. We make and sell hardware, so we need accurate forecasts. We also sell software and charge monthly or annual fees. We have big customers and small customers. Our employees are all over the world, as are our employees. We have equity investors as well as loans and lines of credit. We are setting up a subsidiary company in China. All in all, it's complicated and we need some help predicting how this shifts and tracking how we are doing.
- Action-oriented. You can get things done. You can move quickly and smartly. You love to set challenging goals and then develop plans to deliver and achieve them
- Big picture thinker. You’re someone who thinks strategically. You love to brainstorm and come up with big bold ideas. You look at the way things are and then imagine 20 ways they can be improved
- Organized and efficient. You know how to manage complex projects. You can communicate clearly and concisely. The moment you see a problem, you quickly come up with solutions and then implement them in a timely manner
- Flexible. You are excited to wear a lot of hats and to learn new things (even if they are out of your particular job description). You are a team player.Analytical. You know how to crunch data in Excel and create compelling presentations. You’re comfortable with numbers and how to use them to get results
- Fun. We have a fun, supportive and irreverent office culture. You should be able to have fun on the job!
- 2+ years of experience at management consultancy, corporate finance or investment bank
- Experience working with and manipulating financial data
- Desire to work on the business side of technology
- Proven ability to work with senior leadership, meet strict deadlines and possess an unyielding work ethic
- Strong analytical abilities e.g., modeling, Excel
- Help develop and maintain financial forecasting models
- Assist with the strategic planning process and budget
- Produce recurring business analyses, including investment ROI’s, customer performance metrics, and lifetime value modeling
- Financial reporting and analysis for Board of Directors’ presentations and Executive Leadership meetings
- Conduct ad-hoc financial analysis for the CEO and for departmental leads, providing insight on budget vs actuals, cost structure, product margins and operational optimization
- Assist in corporate finance activities, including equity fund raising, debt management, interfacing with banks, etc
- Assess new business opportunities, analyze range of financial outcomes and identify areas of risk
- Implement best practices in financial management and resource allocation
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We've built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we've shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle's platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.