Director of Developer Marketing
Prototyping – Marketing
Particle is hiring a Director of Developer Marketing to accelerate the growth of our developer community and help Particle strengthen our lead as the world’s most widely used IoT development platform.
At Particle, we believe that earning and maintaining the loyalty of IoT developers is critical to our success. Our developer community is our lifeblood; they create tremendous value for Particle by contributing to our open source projects, creating content that drives new customer acquisition, helping one another overcome technical obstacles, and helping us identify opportunities for our IoT Platform business. To date, we have been successful in growing the world’s largest IoT community; more than 125,000 engineers in more than 170 countries are building IoT products with our development tools.
Particle is looking for a Director of Developer Marketing who will build the team and strategy that will accelerate the adoption of our IoT development platform and grow our global footprint from the largest developer community in IoT to the largest in embedded hardware/software.
You should be a strong team leader who can hire and manage a team whose responsibilities include product marketing, developer evangelism, community engagement programs, and content creation. You should be a strategic thinker who can leverage your team, our products, and our partnerships to tell clear and compelling stories that resonate with a technical audience.
We expect you to be enthusiastic, empathetic, and analytical. You should have previous experience marketing engineering tools or technical products, and be a quick learner capable of picking up key concepts and vocabulary specific to IoT. You’ll have access to all our existing channels of engagement, and will measure the viability and success of your initiatives through thoughtfully defined metrics.
- You will serve as the strategic and tactical lead for increasing the size and engagement of the Particle developer community
- You will determine a comprehensive set of metrics for measuring community growth and developer engagement
- You will work to define, hire, and manage a team to execute on a full range of marketing activities that support our growth and engagement objectives
- You will design and execute on developer marketing initiatives that leverage new and existing channels
- You will work collaboratively to optimize the efficacy of Particle’s developer marketing channels over time
- Local employment – For this role, lunch table conversation is important.
- You must be willing to work out of our office in the SOMA district of San Francisco
- You should have previous experience marketing to a technical audience or marketing a technical product. Direct experience in IoT and developer tools is a major plus.
- You should have 3-5 years of experience in some combination of product marketing, growth marketing, developer evangelism, and community engagement
- You should have leadership skills, expressed either as management experience or experience guiding and influencing teams indirectly
- Experience in IoT and/or embedded hardware
- Experience with online advertising and user acquisition platforms/tools
- Experience analyzing user data by utilizing third party analytics platforms
Working at Particle
- Competitive health, dental, and vision benefits
- Stock options
- Flexible and open vacation policy
- Company mobile phone
- Commuter/telecommuter allowances
- Generous parental leave policy
- Career planning and professional development
- Work with an unbelievably talented and close-knit team
Particle is the most widely-used Internet of Things (IoT) platform. We've built the largest community of developers and engineers in the industry, and we've shipped more than hundreds of thousands of development kits to 170 countries. Hundreds of IoT products, from smart home appliances to industrial equipment, are being built on Particle's platform. We are committed to making it easy for anyone to get their products online, and we support product creators of any size — from Fortune 500s to blossoming entrepreneurs.
We are inspired by our mission of enabling the next technological revolution, and by the incredible products that people build on our platform. We also support our Particle family and community by embracing our core values of caring, curiosity, openness, joy, and trust.
Everyone is welcome at Particle. We are an equal opportunity employer who values diversity and inclusion and look for applicants who understand, embrace and thrive in a multicultural world. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Pursuant to the SF Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment for qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records.