🔮 Product Engineer - NYC
New York, NY
Partiful's mission is to cultivate friendships through social events.
We believe parties (and other social events) are the most effective way to meet new people and make friends. Our product helps you throw incredible events, starting with memorable party pages that make it easy to plan & communicate with guests — create a party page to see how it works!
We're building new ways to streamline planning, connect meaningfully in the real world, and make connections between friends-of-friends. Our ultimate vision is to power everything you do in-person with your friends, eliminating the friction of bringing your most memorable experiences to life. You can read more about our mission in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, Modern Retail, and Mashable (who called us one of the top 10 trends that changed the internet in 2022).
Our company is backed by top-tier investors including Andreessen Horowitz and Google Ventures, and advised by the founders of some of the most successful consumer social products ever made. We're a small team of less than 20 people, with backgrounds including Facebook, Palantir, Google, Snapchat, and many more.
We're looking for thoughtful, creative engineers to help bring our vision to life. As a Product Engineer, you'll build core features and own large product areas. We're NY- and LA-based with a hybrid in-person model, in the office 3 days a week. Our stack is React (web app), React Native (mobile app), Node.js, and Typescript.
In this role, you'll:
- Build end-to-end features across our web app (React, Node.js, Typescript) and mobile app (React Native)
- Ship technical improvements to scale performance, speed, and stability
- Suggest improvements to our product and processes
- Help to prioritize features and projects based on data, user feedback, and company goals
- Scope features and projects, including writing product requirements documents and technical design documents
- Meet with users to get product signal and feedback
- Work closely with our designers to craft thoughtful UX/UI
- Collaborate with our community team to learn how our product is being used
- Own large product surface areas as you grow
- Help drive improvements in code quality and engineering best practices
- Mentor (and be mentored by) other engineers at the top of their game
- Attend really cool parties
You’re likely a good fit if you:
- Have 5+ years of full-time software engineering experience
- Have strong product chops
- Love beautiful design
- Are detail-oriented
- Ship high-quality code quickly
- Delight in delighting users
- Can elegantly structure and decomp complex features
- Generate clever solutions when faced with constraints
- Put ego aside when making decisions
What we offer:
- 401(k) with up to 6% matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents (FSAs and HSA plans available)
- Free OneMedical membership, telehealth, and virtual mental health services
- Commuter benefits & contributions towards ClassPass and Citibike memberships
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks required)
- Quarterly stipend to plan your own party and dogfood the product
- Quarterly travel benefit & semiannual team off-sites
- Get invited to exclusive parties 🎉
$130,000 - $190,000 a year
In your application, please include a note on what's got you excited about Partiful!
We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply. We're proud to be a team of majority women and/or people of color. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us — we walk the walk, hold ourselves accountable, and actively work to bring new perspectives to the table.