🪄 Staff Product Engineer (NYC)
New York, NY /
Vision and Product
Partiful's mission is to cultivate friendships through social events.
We believe parties (and other social events) are the most effective way to meet new people and make friends. We want to make it easier to plan these events and coordinate with groups, creating more opportunities for meaningful connection.
Our product helps you throw incredible parties and meet new people, starting with memorable party pages that make it easy to plan & communicate with guests. (Create a party page to see how it works.) We're building new ways to streamline party planning, connect meaningfully in the real world, and make connections between friends-of-friends.
Our ultimate vision is to power everything you do in the real world with your friends, eliminating the friction of bringing your most memorable experiences to life.
We were recently featured in:
Mashable (who called us one of the top 10 trends that changed the internet in 2022)
We’re looking for an experienced, thoughtful principal/staff engineer to help bring this vision to life.
In this role you will:
- Work directly with the CTO
- Make key technical decisions across the stack
- Be responsible for crafting scalable architecture
- Ensuring code quality
- Implement engineering best practices
- Guide/mentor other engineers
- Lead and improve engineering processes
- Own development of end-to-end features and projects
(This is primarily an IC role with a strong mentorship component; if you're looking for a pure Engineering Manager role, this isn't the best fit.)
It's an amazing opportunity because:
- We’re very early stage, so you'll have an outsized equity stake and an unparalleled opportunity to shape the product direction.
- You'll also get to join the company just as we're taking off, with tons of resources to set us up for success.
- Our company is backed by top-tier VCs as well as incredible angels.
- We're advised by the founders of some of the most successful consumer social products ever made.
- Our team backgrounds include Facebook, Snapchat, Lyft, Palantir, Princeton, Brown, MIT and Stanford.
- The founders have both worked at multiple startups that exited and/or achieved a multi-billion+ valuation.
We're NY- and LA-based with a hybrid in-person model, in the office 3 days a week. Our stack is React (web app), React Native (mobile app), Node.js, and Typescript.
You’re likely a good fit if you:
- Have 10+ years of full-time software engineering experience, with at least 3 years working in React
- Have strong product chops
- Are deeply committed to high-quality, sustainable, and scalable engineering
- Can elegantly structure and decomp complex features
- Are comfortable with ambiguity
- Generate quick yet thoughtful solutions when faced with constraints
- Put ego aside when making decisions
- Practice leading without authority
- Are passionate about growing and teaching others
*Bonus points if you love throwing parties 🥳.
- 401(k) with up to 6% matching
- Comprehensive health, dental, and vision insurance for you and all your dependents (FSAs and HSA plans available)
- Free OneMedical membership, telehealth, and virtual mental health services
- Contributions towards ClassPass and Citibike memberships
- Commuter benefits
- Unlimited vacation (minimum 3 weeks required)
- $100 quarterly stipend to plan your own party and dogfood the product
- Team offsites 2x a year
- Quarterly travel benefit (visit satellite office in LA/NYC for up to 2 weeks each quarter)
- Get invited to exclusive parties 🎉
Please apply here, and include a note on what's got you excited about Partiful.
We're an equal-opportunity employer and strongly encourage applicants from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds to apply.
We're proud to be a team of majority women and/or people of color. Diversity and inclusion aren't just lip service to us -- we walk the walk, hold ourselves accountable, and actively work to bring new perspectives to the table.
$200,000 - $230,000 a year