Senior Data Engineer
129 Spadina Ave #502, Toronto, ON M5V 2L3 /
PartnerStack helps companies acquire more customers and drive new revenue with partnerships. That's why fast-growing SaaS companies like Asana, Freshworks and Intuit use the PartnerStack platform to power their reseller, marketing and referral programs.
We pride ourselves on building products people really want to use. Every member of the PartnerStack team is passionate about developing their skills, delivering value to customers and bringing a unique perspective to our company. We love to work with curious people who are excited to grow, and help others grow alongside them. Is that you?
About you and the role
You are resourceful, independent, and good-natured with strong communication skills and a strong level of technical ability. You are passionate about pulling large data sets and to allow data analysts to create insights through comprehensive reports and dashboards. You are not afraid to take on new technology challenges but crave working with latest tools and techniques. You do all of this with a smile and passion that makes not just your work outstanding but all the people around you.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our growing team of analytics experts. The hire will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of designing and optimizing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
What you’ll do
- Design, develop, and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Work closely with the Data Analyst team to build pipelines which support meaningful business insights delivered through visualization tools to further our product and business goals
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources
- Work with cross-functional stakeholders including the Executive, Sales, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Product teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems
- Perform business analysis and requirements gathering to support a variety of data projects
You're a great candidate if...
- Significant experience in a Data Engineer role delivering business impact by building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
- Advanced working knowledge of SQL databases, preferably Postgres
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python
- Experience building for an early stage, tech startup
- Experience with leadership cc mentoring to help build the best path forward
- Experience implementing big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS or GCP cloud services.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets. Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable straddling working with Ops and Engineering
- Nice-to-Have: Experience with Salesforce and data visualization tools (i.e. Looker and Periscope)
Why you’ll love working here
PartnerStack is a fast-growing startup rethinking how SaaS companies go to market and scale revenue with partnerships. We have the full support of both our customers and investors in building something truly new and never settling for the status quo.
But beyond building great products, our mission is to build a great company. We want PartnerStack to be one of the best places to grow personally and professionally, and that starts with making sure every member of the team gets what they need to feel energized about their work and enthusiastic to learn something new.
Benefits of working at PartnerStack include:
- Flexible working hours (in coordination with your team)
- High-quality health insurance, active from your first day
- MacBook shipped to you + budget for your peripherals of choice
- Regular social events, even while working remote
- Internal job postings and opportunities for promotion
PartnerStack is certified by Great Place to Work® Canada as one of the country’s best startups to work at, based on their independent analysis of employee feedback.
A note on our office
To prioritize the health of all of our employees, PartnerStack has made the shift from working in its Toronto office space to fully remote work until 2021. At that point, we’ll be looking for a new office space in downtown Toronto that’s sized to fit the many new team members we’ve brought on remotely.
Although we’re not sharing the same space together, we’re committed to ensuring every new employee has a great onboarding experience and feels like part of a tight-knit team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ablebodiedness or gender identity.
PartnerStack celebrates what makes every member of our team unique, and strives to create a workplace where everyone can be their truest selves. If you require any accommodations to succeed in your role and feel supported in the workplace, please feel free to let us know.