129 Spadina Ave #502, Toronto, ON M5V 2L3 /
PartnerStack helps companies acquire more customers and drive new revenue with partnerships. That's why fast-growing SaaS companies like Asana, Freshworks and Intuit use the PartnerStack platform to power their reseller, marketing and referral programs.
We pride ourselves on building products people really want to use. Every member of the PartnerStack team is passionate about developing their skills, delivering value to customers and bringing a unique perspective to our company. We love to work with curious people who are excited to grow, and help others grow alongside them. Is that you?
About you and the role
As a Engineering Manager, your role is to lead and grow one of our engineering teams. You’ll do this by being the people leader of your engineering team and when the team has reached the right size and capabilities, you will split the team and set both on their progressive growth trajectories. You will ensure everything we build is with our customers in mind while delivering to our high standards of quality and security. Working with your team, you will generate massive value for the customers you serve around the world and ensure PartnerStack is always the best solution for their needs.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, develop and enable a world class engineering team
- Ensure inclusivity with product management and design to foster a “one-team” culture
- Build and mentor individuals on the team to high standards of quality, pride and excellence
- Leverage the technical leadership on your team to guide the technical roadmap for your team while supporting the company wide technical standards and guidelines.
- Cultivate a friendly, vibrant and productive engineering culture
- Accountability for technology and organizational strategy in support of business goals and product strategies
- Collaborate across Engineering, Design and Product teams to create a vision for the future of PartnerStack’s products
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our technology stack and processes in order to provide technical direction to the engineering organization
- Continue to develop, champion and execute on a technology roadmap
Here’s what will help you thrive
- Proven experience as an engineering manager, growing and leading engineering teams
- Experience managing and growing teams in a 20-50+ person engineering company
- You have real-world experience scaling up and have operated successfully as people leader
- Deep technical expertise on current web trends (SaaS, cloud infrastructure etc.) and are actively involved in highly technical discussions and architectural decisions
- You have built large B2B SaaS applications within high growth environments
- You have operationalized quality and security as part of your team execution
- You are passionate about establishing a vision and strategies that enable teams to succeed
- You continue to maintain your own skills as a software developer through side projects, contributions and experimentation
Why you want to be at PartnerStack
PartnerStack is a fast-growing startup rethinking how SaaS companies go to market and scale revenue with partnerships. We have the full support of both our customers and investors in building something truly new and never settling for the status quo.
But beyond building great products, our mission is to build a great company. We want PartnerStack to be one of the best places to grow personally and professionally, and that starts with making sure every member of the team gets what they need to feel energized about their work and enthusiastic to learn something new.
Benefits of working at PartnerStack include:
- Flexible working hours (in coordination with your team)
- High-quality health insurance, active from your first day
- MacBook shipped to you + budget for your peripherals of choice
- Regular social events, even while working remote
- Internal job postings and opportunities for promotion
PartnerStack is certified by Great Place to Work® Canada as one of the country’s best startups to work at, based on their independent analysis of employee feedback.
A note on our office
To prioritize the health of all of our employees, PartnerStack has made the shift from working in its Toronto office space to fully remote work until 2021. At that point, we’ll be looking for a new office space in downtown Toronto that’s sized to fit the many new team members we’ve brought on remotely.
Although we’re not sharing the same space together, we’re committed to ensuring every new employee has a great onboarding experience and feels like part of a tight-knit team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ablebodiedness or gender identity.
PartnerStack celebrates what makes every member of our team unique, and strives to create a workplace where everyone can be their truest selves. If you require any accommodations to succeed in your role and feel supported in the workplace, please feel free to let us know.