Director, Software Engineering
Toronto or Remote /
PartnerStack helps companies acquire more customers and drive new revenue with partnerships. That's why fast-growing SaaS companies like Asana, Freshworks and Intuit use the PartnerStack platform to power their reseller, marketing and referral programs.
We pride ourselves on building products people really want to use. Every member of the PartnerStack team is passionate about developing their skills, delivering value to customers and bringing a unique perspective to our company. We love to work with curious people who are excited to grow, and help others grow alongside them. Is that you?
About you and the role
As the Director of Engineering, your role is to develop and lead multiple world-class engineering teams and contribute to taking PartnerStack to the next level. To do this, you will work with teams across PartnerStack especially Product, Design and Customer Success to ensure everything we build is with our customers in mind while delivering to the highest standards of quality and security. You will generate massive value for partners and companies around the world and ensure PartnerStack is always the best solution for their needs.
What you’ll do
- Recruit, develop and enable our current and future engineering leaders
- Build and mentor multiple engineering teams by driving engineering quality, pride and excellence
- Cultivate a friendly, vibrant and productive engineering culture that focuses on empathy, diversity of thought, curiosity, a growth mindset, and a positive attitude
- Accountability for technology and organizational strategy in support of business goals and product strategies
- Collaborate across Engineering, Design and Product teams to create a vision for the future of PartnerStack’s products
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our technology stack and processes in order to provide technical direction to the engineering organization
- Continue to develop, champion and execute on a technology roadmap
You're a great candidate if...
- Experience developing engineering organizations while maintaining a fantastic culture
- Experience managing and growing a 20-50+ person engineering organization
- You have real-world experience scaling up and have operated successfully as a “manager of managers”
- Deep technical understanding of current web trends (SaaS, cloud infrastructure etc.) and are excited to be involved in highly technical discussions and architectural decisions
- You have built B2B SaaS applications within high growth environments
- You have operationalized quality and security while still enabling a high level of autonomy, responsibility and fun on the team
- You are passionate about establishing a vision and strategies that enable teams to succeed
Why you’ll love working here
PartnerStack is a fast-growing startup rethinking how SaaS companies go to market and scale revenue with partnerships. We have the full support of both our customers and investors in building something truly new and never settling for the status quo.
But beyond building great products, our mission is to build a great company. We want PartnerStack to be one of the best places to grow personally and professionally, and that starts with making sure every member of the team gets what they need to feel energized about their work and enthusiastic to learn something new.
Benefits of working at PartnerStack include:
- Flexible working hours (in coordination with your team)
- High-quality health insurance, active from your first day
- MacBook shipped to you + budget for your peripherals of choice
- Regular social events, even while working remote
- Internal job postings and opportunities for promotion
PartnerStack is certified by Great Place to Work® Canada as one of the country’s best startups to work at, based on their independent analysis of employee feedback.
A note on our office
To prioritize the safety and well-being of all PartnerStack employees, we've shifted to working fully remotely until 2022, when we will be opening a new office at 111 Peter Street in Toronto, Ontario.
Even once our new office opens, every employee is free to decide when and if they spend time there. Our roles will continue to be open to remote workers across Canada.
Whether you join us in person or virtually, we're committed to ensuring every new employee has a great onboarding experience and feels part of a tight-knit team.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, ablebodiedness or gender identity.
PartnerStack celebrates what makes every member of our team unique, and strives to create a workplace where everyone can be their truest selves. If you require any accommodations to succeed in your role and feel supported in the workplace, please feel free to let us know.