Senior Backend / API Engineer (Founding Team)
Austin, TX / Remote /
At Passage, we believe that secure, seamless authentication is the future. We build a platform for web and mobile identity that is fully passwordless, delightful for end-users, and built with developers in mind.
Passage is seeking an experienced backend software engineer to help build an internet-scale product. This is an opportunity to be one of the first engineers at Passage and shape our trajectory as a company. You will be charged with making critical and lasting technical decisions while working with the most modern technologies. You will be responsible for developing core components of our product, but also responsible for mentoring and guiding other software engineers on the team.
In this role, you will:
- Architect and implement the code powering Passage's APIs, primarily in Go
- Deploy and operate APIs deployed to Kubernetes globally
- Create and maintain beautiful customer-facing documentation
- Constructively identity and solve novel problems with our team
- Improve engineering processes and processes, and hold yourself and the team to a high standard of quality
You may be fit for this role if you:
- Love to write code and build awesome APIs - we develop mostly in Go with TypeScript on the frontend, but we believe that languages can easily be learned and are mostly interested in your passion and engineering fundamentals
- Orient towards building high-availability, global-scale software
- Keep up with interesting new software and cloud technologies
- Have some experience securing web applications and APIs
- Value autonomy and enjoy room to make your own decisions - we're a startup and trust everyone's best judgment to keep a fast pace
If you're wildly successful, in one year you will:
- Have built an amazing, developer-focused product
- Be a subject matter expert on all of Passage's frontend code
- Have a working knowledge of our backend code and be able to contribute as necessary
- Be a go-to technical resource for more junior engineers
What you will get out of it:
- An opportunity to grow with the company and build an impactful product
- Competitive compensation including base pay, equity, and benefits
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k matching
- Awesome teammates!
If you don't feel that you're a perfect fit based on the description above, but you're passionate about building amazing things and working with amazing people, we would love to hear from you. It's a privilege to meet smart and passionate people with different backgrounds, so please say hello if that's you.