Business Development /
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon offset and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Coatue, Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
About the position
As the first Go-To-Market hire in Germany, you will be responsible for helping us shape the future of Patch in Germany. By building out this strategy, you will work closely with our Head of Global Revenue and General Manager of Europe to identify and create the strategy for a German expansion including but not limited to evaluating market opportunities, creating interest, building relationships, and collect feedback.
What You’ll Do:
- Build out the Go-to-Market strategy for Patch in Germany
- Act as the main point of contact for Patch’s German market, representing their needs to the greater Patch team while delivering relevant and valuable market insights.
- Create and nurture relationships, demonstrating the value of Patch’s product while drawing feedback to inform the company’s roadmap.
- Drive prospecting strategy to identify, target, and sign new strategic customers, leading the way from internal justification, contractual structuring, negotiations, and deal execution.
- Collaborate across Patch’s Engineering, Product, Design, and Partnerships teams to achieve commercial objectives in Germany.
- Facilitate a positive, partner-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who You Are:
- You are a strategic leader with significant years of experience working in a commercial capacity specifically around business development.
- You are an operator who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves and work collaboratively to support Patch’s most important business needs for international expansion
- You are a high functioning, low maintenance individual that will take ownership and build with confidence and strategic foresight who can blend the long-term vision with short term execution
- You love to build processes from the ground up
- You have direct experience managing complex sales models for enterprise GTM motions preferably in a consulting way.
- You are eager to contribute to Patch’s carbon removal mission.
- You are fluent in German and English.
- You are currently residing in Germany with a strong local network across technology or enterprise companies
- Bonus points for a deep understanding and network within the carbon credit ecosystem.
- Work with passionate activists and experts to rebalance the planet
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Remote-first, asynchronous work culture
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.