Carbon Markets Lead (San Francisco)
A livable future depends on climate solutions — and those solutions need funding to scale. There is a financial mechanism powerful enough to help drive climate solutions to gigatonne-scale and beyond: carbon credits.
Patch is the platform accelerating climate solutions with integrity. Patch technology enables organizations to manage, sell, and buy carbon credits with efficiency, transparency, and rigor. Through Patch, companies gain access to the broadest network of high-integrity carbon credits. Carbon credit suppliers use Patch to enhance operational efficiency and precision, and modernize their buyer experiences. That allows companies to achieve their climate goals, project developers scale their solutions, and ultimately helps rebalance the planet.
About the position:
Patch is looking for an experienced Carbon Markets Lead to fortify the demand side of Patch’s marketplace. This role will partner with entrepreneurs, technologists, and sustainability professionals on the cutting edge of allocating dollars to the carbon removal and carbon markets. You’ll build strong relationships with new and existing demand partners while advising them on climate strategies.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the main carbon point of contact for Patch’s Go-To-Market team for technical climate and Carbon specific questions, representing the network of supply/project developer partners to the greater Patch team while delivering relevant and valuable market insights.
- You’ll advise companies and internal stakeholders on strategies for taking climate action using the Patch platform and ecosystem
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements
- Collaborate across Patch’s Go-to-Market, Supply, and Partnerships teams to achieve commercial objectives directly related to Carbon Markets.
- Facilitate a positive, customer-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who You Are:
- You have a significant amount of direct experience working with selling strategies for carbon removal, carbon credits, voluntary carbon markets, and working directly with customers, clients, project developers, and partners in a selling capacity.
- You have knowledge of voluntary carbon credits, offtake strategies, carbon finance, the voluntary carbon market, climate solution technologies, participants, and market trends.
- You enjoy problem-solving and are a structured thinker. You have the ability to create simple, yet effective frameworks that guide others through your process in a consultative way.
- You are an expert communicator who can take the technical climate and carbon-related concepts and put them into terms anyone in your audience can understand
- You have a proven track record working both independently and alongside teams like Go-to-market and Partnerships
- You are currently located and able to work out of San Francisco, California,
- Work with the most talented team in climate tech
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health
- Time-off as-needed vacation policy
- Generous parental leave policy
- The salary for this role if filled within the United States has an on-target earnings around $200,000 and varies based on factors like level of experience and market rates. Full-time employees will also be eligible for equity and insurance.
- If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
- Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.