New York, NY
At Pathgather, we believe that learning *matters* and that modern companies can't afford to provide the same tired, low-quality experiences they've been using for the last few decades. Our enterprise talent development platform is used by some of the largest companies in the world like HP, Visa and Qualcomm to help their employees find great learning content from any source, share knowledge with their peers, and track their progress towards career goals - and we've wrapped it all up into an experience that employees actually love to use.
We're growing in a big way and are looking for an experienced product manager to join our team to help make enterprise learning better. You'll be taking on the responsibility of managing our product backlogs and everything that entails: collecting requirements from both customers and internal stakeholders, working with our product team to write clear and actionable requirements, sitting with engineering throughout our sprints, and following up with both product marketing and customer success as your features are released to the world!
- Manage our product backlog to ensure we can execute on our roadmap while remaining responsive to the needs of our large enterprise customers
- Collect, breakdown, and organize feature requests for all of our internal functions: Engineering, Customer Success, Sales, and Marketing
- Research, research, research! Collect data from the market, customers, and users to enable us to make better product decisions
- Act as product owner during engineering sprints, providing additional detail on product requirements as features are built
- Work with designers to research, brainstorm, and prototype features
- Distribute product knowledge amongst our internal teams - especially Sales and Customer Success
- Work with leadership to establish a scalable roadmap process to balance long-term product strategy with our business goals
- 4+ years of experience managing enterprise SaaS products
- Strong background in technology, with understanding or experience in software engineering
- Experience using "jobs-to-be-done" (or similar) as a structured approach to uncovering product requirements
- Excellent written, visual, and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to "share the worry" and get hands-on to ensure product success
- Knowledge of enterprise learning, HR, or related industries a plus
We’ve got an incredible team of innovators and doers, dedicated to making a big impact on the way employees develop within their careers - and we practice what we preach. Your career here will be a challenging, rewarding experience where you’ll learn a lot. We also know that startups can be hard work, which is why we're committed to providing balance - we work from home every Wednesday and spend Friday afternoons learning new things and having fun together.