New York, NY
At Pathgather, we believe that learning *matters* and that modern companies can't afford to provide the same tired, low-quality experiences they've been using for the last few decades. Our enterprise learning platform is used by some of the largest companies in the world like Qualcomm, Walmart, and Twitter to help their employees find great learning content from any source, share knowledge with their peers, and track their progress towards career goals - and we've wrapped it all up into an experience that employees actually love to use.
We're growing in a big way and are looking for experienced engineers to join our backend team to help make enterprise learning better. Our backend platform uses modern technologies like GraphQL, Postgres, Sequel, Elasticsearch, Redis, and many more, all tied together by our meticulously tested Ruby code. We've built an expressive GraphQL API that allows our frontend engineers to request exactly the data they need, freeing the backend team up to focus on building logic, not views! As a Backend Engineer, you'll spend your time by working on our platform, integrations, API development, and much more - and will be responsible for everything from architecture through implementation and testing.
- You have a strong background writing performant, maintainable, and scalable infrastructure - ideally in Ruby, but we're not too picky
- You're interested in using technologies like GraphQL, Redis, Postgres to build flexible, reliable systems
- You understand SQL and have worked with ORMs like Sequel or ActiveRecord
- You enjoy figuring out how to integrate with APIs in clean and reusable ways
- You're passionate about learning new things and want to make it easier for others to do the same
We’ve got an incredible team of innovators and doers, dedicated to making a big impact on the way employees develop within their careers - and we practice what we preach. Your career here will be a challenging, rewarding experience where you’ll learn a lot. We also know that startups can be hard work, which is why we're committed to providing balance - we work from home every Wednesday and spend Friday afternoons learning new things and having fun together.