Senior Software Engineer, Carrier Activation
San Francisco /
Software Engineers at Pathpoint write, test, document & evolve the code and software systems that deliver value to Pathpoint and our customers. Our stack is Golang, TypeScript, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL, continuously deployed on AWS and continuously tested in CircleCI.
Senior Software Engineers are the technical leaders of their teams, responsible for building the highly leveraged software systems that are multipliers of the team’s efficiency and working closely with other team leaders to advise on planning and set technical direction.
Our teams are small to enable focus, and often employ Agile Development practices to solve problems in a complex real world domain where the requirements may not yet be fully defined, so the solutions need to be resilient to change while being stable and performant.
Businesses and individuals around the world rely on the surplus lines insurance market to mitigate risk. Global commercial P&C premiums will eclipse $900 Billion in 2021 and over $100 Billion of that will be written in the surplus lines market. Yet insureds, brokers, and carriers lose countless dollars on slow processes, terrible technology, high commissions, and fees. We’ve created a new way to place and service excess and surplus lines risk that’s faster, cheaper, and easier for everyone. And we’re doing it as a digital first, straightforward, and transparent wholesale brokerage. (Learn more)
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pathpoint considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Carrier Activation Engineering To Us Means:
- Implementing full stack software solutions based on value-driven user stories and design documents.
- Integrating products from insurance carriers using their respective API gateways.
- Write tests and build observability systems to increase iteration speed and product reliability.
- Developing and maintaining the architecture to make product integrations happen smoothly and quickly.
- Driving engagement by quickly reacting to user feedback and continuously deploying thoughtfully implemented features and incremental improvements.
- Addressing any new requirements that a carrier can get back to us for an existing product integration.
- Communicating with engineers, product, design, and businesspeople about architecture, requirements, progress, and release timing.
At Pathpoint, Senior Engineers:
- Are responsible for crafting the software systems, frameworks, and architectures that are the foundation of the systems their team builds on top of.
- Advises the team’s Engineering Manager & Product Manager on higher level roadmap timelines & feasibility, as well as insights and recommendations on how to improve hiring pipelines.
- Are often crossing team boundaries to solve problems.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Participate in hiring by not just running onsite sessions but also crafting them.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience at other highly functioning software engineering team(s).
- Experience with the technologies in our stack: Golang, TypeScript, GraphQL, and PostgreSQL
- 2+ years of Golang a big plus.
- User empathy, an interest in learning about the insurance industry, and pragmatic critical thinking skills.
- An ability to map Pathpoint’s long term roadmap into smaller projects that make progress under potentially high uncertainty.
What We Offer:
- A product culture that gives you the time and space required to build great things.
- Competitive compensation, healthcare and vacation benefits.
- A brilliant and wonderfully supportive team to learn and laugh with.
- A flexible time-off policy.
- Supportive of remote working: $500 home office & $50 / month ISP reimbursement.
- An office designed to allow you to create your best work: plentiful desks, private workspaces, small group offices, plenty of natural light.