Head of Carrier Partnerships
San Francisco /
Carrier Management /
About the role:
Pathpoint is changing the way the E&S insurance industry operates. As the Head of Carrier Partnerships, you will leverage deep industry expertise while overseeing all aspects of Business Development and Strategic Partnerships with Carriers, formulating strategy, identifying and evaluating opportunities, and leading the team(s) responsible for successful negotiation and execution. We are looking for an accomplished and respected industry veteran with a successful track record of developing and negotiating complex partnerships, an extensive network of executive relationships at the highest levels, and proven ability to lead and manage teams.
Pathpoint is building the next generation of technology for the $160B Excess and Surplus Lines insurance market. We’re working with the premier carriers and brokerages to build a new trading exchange that turns painful and time consuming back and forth into a seamless digital experience. Pathpoint is backed by top investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pathpoint considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
What you'll do
- Leverage deep industry expertise to prospect and close customers (E&S carriers), positioning Pathpoint for broad market adoption.
- Partner with the CEO to set sales strategy, assess and prioritize new opportunities, and conceptualize the strategic direction of the company-- including new customer acquisition, as well as maintenance and expansion of existing customer base.
- Start and drive complex negotiations with the broader market of prospective partners, while providing a world-class customer experience through every interaction.
- Work closely with senior executive team across the organization to develop new business initiatives, assess new markets, analyze new business opportunities.
- Build a collaborative, high-performing team and support their professional growth and development.
What we look for
- Accomplished and respected industry veteran with 10+ years of relevant experience.
- History of leading a business development, sales, or corporate strategy group/function.
- Proven track record of successful revenue-driving partnerships, creative deal making, and effective relationship management within large enterprises.
- Extensive (and verifiable) network of senior executive relationships across E&S and P&C insurance companies, and brokerages.
- In-depth understanding of the E&S insurance competitive landscape, as well as strong strategic and brand sensibilities.
- Very comfortable operating at the highest levels both internally and externally.
- Impeccable communication (written and verbal) and sales presentation skills.
- Strategic thinker with strong business acumen and analytical skills
- Extremely organized with ability to effectively manage multiple, time-sensitive projects and competing priorities
- Ability to perform responsibilities with minimal supervision, exercising discretion and independent/sound judgment, while excelling in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Willingness and ability to travel 50%+ (Monday – Thursday, can be typical during peak times).