San Francisco /
Brand Marketing /
Pathpoint is changing the way commercial insurance is sold, and we need help perfecting that message to our customers. This exciting opportunity would be the first Senior Marketer at the company, a role thus far occupied by the CEO. We are a very new brand, with limited public visibility today, but we already have product-market fit, count several multinational insurance companies as our customers, and are fortunate to have the financial backing of top investors.
We are looking for an experienced marketing executive to help us define and implement our broader marketing strategy. We are seeking candidates with experience across positioning, brand, content, sales, demand and everything in-between. Some of these responsibilities you will own longer term, and others you will begin to backfill as needed in the years ahead.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable defining tasks as well as delegating responsibilities, and equally comfortable working cross-department to ensure that our messaging is consistent throughout the company. You will be able to roll up your sleeves to get started and will have the resources to build a team of colleagues and vendors to help you execute on the strategy you develop. This role will require managing a more junior marketer, who is already a team member, from Day 1.
This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
What you’ll do
- Devise a marketing strategy which you then manage across brand, product marketing, demand generation, and more. Think about what "marketing" means for the company today vs. 5 years from now.
- Understand the customer base and clearly segment users with dedicated campaigns. Set clear objectives and goals, develop marketing and communication strategies, and measure adoption.
- Drive the evolution of our brand positioning, bringing it to life in a clear and consistent way that resonates with and motivates our target audience of retail insurance agencies.
- Promote the company as an innovator to the press and public and oversee outbound customer-facing communications across our website, blog, and social channels.
- Nurture existing relationships with key partners, aligning on mutual goals and driving adoption through a variety of co-marketing efforts, especially with large commercial insurance carriers and retail insurance agencies.
- This role will manage a more junior marketer (already on the team) from day 1.
What we look for
- 7-10 years of experience developing and executing go-to-market plans for FinTech and SaaS companies, with marketing mixes that include targeted paid advertising, online and offline events, and content marketing (white papers, case studies, and blogging, etc.).
- An organized self-starter who is self-motivated and possesses the ability to define goals and prioritize their work.
- Comfortable with data and analytics, and can clearly communicate results and ideas to business, product and engineering team leaders.
- Experience with the insurance industry a plus.
Pathpoint builds the next generation of tools for the $160B Excess and Surplus Lines insurance market. We’re working with the premier carriers and brokerages to build a new trading experience that turns painful and time consuming back and forth into a seamless digital experience across various devices, divisions, and domains. We work with carriers to distribute their speciality products digitally, enabling faster and easier trading.
Pathpoint was founded by Bobby Touran, Alex Bargmann, and Jay Palekar and is backed by top-tier venture investors.
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.