Senior Software Engineer, Fullstack
San Francisco /
Software Engineers at Pathpoint write, test, document & evolve the code and software systems that deliver value to Pathpoint and our customers. Our stack is TypeScript, React, Node, and Golang, continuously deployed on AWS and continuously tested in CircleCI.
Senior Software Engineers are the technical leaders of their teams, responsible for building the highly leveraged software systems that are multipliers of the team’s efficiency and working closely with other team leaders to advise on planning and set technical direction.
Our teams are small to enable focus, and often employ Agile Development practices to solve problems in a complex real world domain where the requirements may not yet be fully defined, so the solutions need to be resilient to change while being stable and performant.
Pathpoint is building the next generation of technology for the $160B Excess and Surplus Lines insurance market. We’re working with the premier carriers and brokerages to build a new trading exchange that turns painful and time consuming back and forth into a seamless digital experience. Pathpoint is backed by top investors and is headquartered in San Francisco.
Pathpoint is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Pathpoint considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Fullstack Engineering To Us Means:
- Implementing full stack software solutions based on value-driven user stories and design documents.
- Integrating products from insurance carriers using their respective API gateways.
- Write tests and build observability systems to increase iteration speed and product reliability.
- Developing and maintaining the architecture to make product integrations happen smoothly and quickly.
- Driving engagement by quickly reacting to user feedback and continuously deploying thoughtfully implemented features and incremental improvements.
- Addressing any new requirements that a carrier can get back to us for an existing product integration.
- Communicating with engineers, product, design, and partner enablement about architecture, requirements, progress, and release timing.
At Pathpoint, Senior Engineers:
- Are responsible for crafting the software systems, frameworks, and architectures that are the foundation of the systems their team builds on top of.
- Advises the team’s Engineering Manager & Product Manager on higher level roadmap timelines & feasibility, as well as insights and recommendations on how to improve hiring pipelines.
- Are often crossing team boundaries to solve problems.
- Mentor more junior engineers.
- Participate in hiring by not just running onsite sessions but also crafting them.
What We Look For:
- 5+ years of experience at other highly functioning software engineering team(s).
- Experience with TypeScript, GraphQL, Node, PostgreSQL, Golang, and React
- 2+ years of React or with other frontend web development frameworks a big plus.
- User empathy, an interest in learning about the insurance industry, and pragmatic critical thinking skills.
- An ability to map Pathpoint’s long term roadmap into smaller projects that make progress under potentially high uncertainty.
What We Offer:
- A product culture that gives you the time and space required to build great things.
- Competitive healthcare and vacation benefits.
- A brilliant and wonderfully supportive team to learn and laugh with.
- A flexible time-off policy.
- An office designed to allow you to create your best work: plentiful desks, private workspaces, small group offices, plenty of natural light.