Data Science Intern (USA Remote)
Part-Time – Data Science /
What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) is an online program for tech professionals that provides 1-on-1 mentorship, training and advice to help anyone land their next job. On top of that, we're built around aligned incentives. Fellows only pay when they get hired and start working at a job first.
Every day we are expanding our team and our services. We are looking for individuals who are ready to jump into a new role with us. We are a flourishing team and we really enjoy working together to improve our fellows chances of getting the jobs of their dreams! If this sounds like something you'd be interested we’d like the opportunity to get to know you more.
We seek to uplift job seekers in their careers and help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. Read more about why we’re driven to do this in our manifesto.
We’re looking for natural teachers who care about mentorship and uplifting others. As a Data Science Intern with a focus on machine learning your main responsibility would be to perform admission sessions, help with technical interview prep and from time to time work on some internal data projects!
- Handling 1-on-1 admissions sessions, technical interview prep and occasional behavioral prep
- Investing in students’ personal stories and advising them on their career trajectory in the admissions calls and giving proactive feedback
- Building up and improving on the admissions process for data fellows
- Conduct data analysis for Pathrise and contribute to the overall effectiveness of the data track
- Minimum Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience working on machine learning projects whether that be in academic projects, an internship or some other related work experience
- A passion for mentorship!
- Be available for 10-20 hours a week during the working hours of 9am-5pm your local time
- Preferred Qualifications
- 1+ years of experience in data science, technology industry or in a related field
- Experience with teaching, career advising, and mentorship in education or tech
- Who You Are
- A strong communicator that can explain complex concepts in a simple way
- Loves mentorship and helping others succeed
- Solves problems with an engineering and analytical mindset
- Experience in a fast-paced work environment and works with a bias for action
- growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
We cannot sponsor visas for this role at the time. Thank you for your interest.
Pathrise is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Pathrise does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Pathrise also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Pathrise will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
If you are also interested in the fellowship, please apply here: https://www.pathrise.com/apply.